Mrs. Brown's Boys - Christmas Specials 2020

As expected. Mrs. Brown's Boys will return to BBC One on Christmas and New Year's Day for another two specials. Mrs. Brown's Boys used to be one of my favourite sitcoms, but the last few festive offerings have been getting weaker so don't hold out much hope for these upcoming specials, plus a further two cast members, Damien McKiernan and Gary Hollywood have both left the show.

Does anyone know if these episodes were taped in front of an audience and whether these will be the final episodes of the show?

Sleepy

What time are they on? There must be something better on all the other stations.

Quote: G180e @ 11th December 2020, 1:44 PM

Does anyone know if these episodes were taped in front of an audience and whether these will be the final episodes of the show?

We can only hope and pray.

When this first came out it was good. I enjoyed it, despite what many critics and industry insiders said. But it got stale very quickly. I don't understand why the BBC has renewed it until 2026 either. It's way past its best and needs putting out of its misery. Credit to Brendan O'Carroll though for flogging and not letting it go.

Another thing I don't understand is why this sitcom gets the prime time Christmas Day slot in previous years when better sitcoms (Not Going Out) never/rarely do.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th December 2020, 6:15 PM

What time are they on? There must be something better on all the other stations.

We can only hope and pray.

Fingers crossed!

Seems that Blankety Blank 'trounced' Mrs Browns's Boys in the overnight ratings.

Quote: TonyT @ 28th December 2020, 8:38 PM

Seems that Blankety Blank 'trounced' Mrs Browns's Boys in the overnight ratings.

Yeah, can't say I thought much to the Christmas Special. It seems to be getting tired now, you can tell they are running out of ideas. The only scene which made me raise a smile was the part with the loo rolls in the cupboard. However, I really enjoyed Blankety Blank and I wasn't expecting to.

About time it's put out of its misery. The only thing I liked about Mrs Brown Boys was the original specials, that they filmed in Ireland around 13 years ago. The BBC ones are terrible to be honest

Quote: G180e @ 31st December 2020, 4:38 PM

Yeah, can't say I thought much to the Christmas Special. It seems to be getting tired now, you can tell they are running out of ideas. The only scene which made me raise a smile was the part with the loo rolls in the cupboard. However, I really enjoyed Blankety Blank and I wasn't expecting to.

Loo rolls? Not hoarding were they? How original!

Ch.Sp. was OK, not that bad as usual episodes before, the ending song rendition was very good for me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfpgncAk4X4