British Comedy Guide

Gold Christmas cracker joke competition

Michael Monkhouse

• Thursday 8th October 2020, 11:46am [Edited]
  • Eternal City, Italy
  • 5,386 posts

Oh good.
Why did the man cross the road? To get to the other side at Christmas.

Will Cam

• Friday 9th October 2020, 10:20pm
  • England
  • 8,018 posts

This has come round very quick. I have to say I didn't really think much of last years winning jokes.

Michael Monkhouse

• Saturday 10th October 2020, 2:03pm [Edited]
  • Eternal City, Italy
  • 5,386 posts

I can't believe how many old jokes they accept just because they're dressed up with something topical. Last year's winner was -a- as old as an Italian politician and -b- pretty bad taste considering they're always going on about being family friendly. Still, I'm gonna try cos I'm a whore.

Definitely Tarby

• Sunday 11th October 2020, 2:48am
  • 2,051 posts
Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th October 2020, 2:03 PM

. Still, I'm gonna try cos I'm a whore.

I was gonna try but I'm not a whore so what do I do whore? Give up tryin' or become a whore?

Michael Monkhouse

• Sunday 11th October 2020, 8:03am
  • Eternal City, Italy
  • 5,386 posts

My mother is not a whore. She does it for free.

Doctor Chutney

• Sunday 11th October 2020, 3:58pm
  • Norwich, England
  • 24 posts

Because it's free multiple entry, the scattergun approach means some people will try old jokes or previous winning jokes just on the off chance. Had that happen to me in the past couple of days where someone tweeted my fourth place joke from last year. I think we can trust the judges to filter out what's gone before and what's old party hat, and also to examine the Twitter timeline to see who came up with a gag first. We are, after all, all fishing in a very small pond ( topical subjects with a Christmas twist ) so there's bound to be duplication and I do try to be generous of spirit and give fellow jokesters the benefit of the doubt.

Having said that it doesn't take much to filter this year's entries to see if your latest rib tickler has already been Tweeted.