Advert

Katherine Ryan's The Duchess

The Duchess. Image shows from L to R: Olive (Kate Byrne), Katherine (Katherine Ryan). Copyright: Netflix.

The Duchess

Sitcom about a single mother and her young daughter, living in London

Sitcomfan64

• Wednesday 16th September 2020, 5:01pm
  • England
  • 724 posts

I loved this. An exaggeration of her stage persona, loads of one liners in the back and forth between the characters and by the end you really care about Katherine and her daughter, which is even more surprising after she made herself a pretty unlikable character.

Chris Hallam

• Sunday 20th September 2020, 11:22am
  • Exeter, United Kingdom
  • 414 posts

Wanted to like it more. Ryan's a major talent. I think some of the acting lets it down a bit though.

G180e

• Sunday 20th September 2020, 11:47am
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,364 posts

I'm a big fan of Katherine so I really liked it but I did find that at times it was too crude when it didn't need to be. However, I enjoyed it all the same and binged all six episodes in one evening and would happily welcome a Series 2 with open arms. Also great to see cameo appearances from Doon Mackichan and Maya Jama.

Firkin

• Tuesday 22nd September 2020, 11:47am [Edited]
  • United Kingdom
  • 982 posts

Michelle De Swarte is also a model. Maybe Katherine wanted to point out she's currently the top, really good looking, funny woman ? She can't act though. Do you think Kate Moss might turn up doing some slap stick ? They need Jonny Vegas and Dawn French, those two can act. This is funny though, love the guy on the boat.