Newsjack Series 23 - September 2020 Page 12

Well done Dantrobus - a nice treble , and think you've topped and tailed the series

Commiserations GAP1

Congrats Dantrobus

Nowt for me, well done GAP1 and Dantrobus (I bet you're thinking it's the song one now aren't you.... :))

I am sulking again. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

It's :( for me. Well done Dantrobus

Bad luck guys, we can console ourselves in the knowledge that the rejects thread is going to be funnier anyway!

The rejects thread is definitely funnier.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 29th October 2020, 8:23 PM

Well done/unlucky, GAP1.

I got a good email - really very pleased indeed.

Let us know if sketch or BN

Very good!

well done Dantrobus, three in one series. Was it a sketch or a gag?

Thank you, everybody. You're all very kind.

I got a bloody sketch on! For the first time since series 18.

Mine was the blitz spirit one - 1940s newsreel style, with Londoners refusing to follow basic blitz safety precautions.

The premise and format were kept the same, as were the intro and the final sign-off, quite a bit of rewriting of the vox pops in the main body of the sketch. Probably for the better, the edits made it a bit more clearly covid-conspiracy-esque. I was a bit sad they cut the bit about why a woman was refusing to evacuate her children as it had the line, "the countryside is for criminals and perverts" which I liked. However they did keep another favourite line in: "I shall breathe the King's air unencumbered by anything except the soot of honest British chimneys".

So, I'm not complaining at all. Really pleased to get another credit and especially a sketch credit.

My oneliner rejects are up on the other thread.

Really well done Dantrobus! :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 31st October 2020, 9:04 AM

Really well done Dantrobus! :)

Thank you very much!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/news/6023/kiri-pritchard-mclean-radio-projects/

Saw this news that Kiri Pritchard-Mclean has three new radio commissions on the go. Firstly, good. Like the sound of them all. Secondly, I wonder if this means she's now established enough that it's time to hand over to a new up and coming comedian to take over NJ hosting duties?

Anyone been paid for this series yet?

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 26th November 2020, 2:32 PM

Anyone been paid for this series yet?

Nope, not yet.

Update: my letter confirming payment has arrived today!