Afternoon all!

Hello!

I know that starting to do stand up comedy gigs during the midst of a global pandemic and lockdown crisis is positively ludicrous, but positivity is what we probably need right now so with that in mind...

My name's Chris, I'm from the Cotswolds and I've been trying to write stand up for about 4 years or so now, but am still yet to get up on an open mic and actually do it. I thought I'd join to have a little read and chat about starting out in the stand up world so any info, tips or advice would be massively appreciated!

Nice to be here! Hope everyone is well and good!

Welcome :)

Yes,thanks Chris.
The Cotswolds? Very nice.

Hi Chris
Do you have a theme ?
What sort of material do you spin ? Its something Im thinking about, but only in animation, ( when I eventually become fluid enough)

I have been "vastly"... "busy" since posting this and haven't been productive on this site. SORRY!

Theme wise, it's stories of misfortune and embarrassing things, speaking of which... I've recorded a few podcast episodes about these things with completely unknown friends of mine to interview, if you want to have a listen they're on spotify, google podcast etc... (sorry I don't mean to advertise, but as an absolute newbie any advice or even anyone who's got some good stories I'd love to have a chat with you) - https://anchor.fm/misadventurespodcast

Let me know! x