Advert

Harry Hill's World Of TV

Harry Hill's World Of TV. Harry Hill. Copyright: Nit TV.

Harry Hill's World Of TV

Harry Hill presents amusing clips from other television shows

chipolata

• Monday 24th August 2020, 11:44am
  • England
  • 30,079 posts

It's not up to Burp standards, and it would definitely benefit from a studio audience, but I thought this made for very pleasurable Sunday night viewing. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Monday 24th August 2020, 11:50am
  • England
  • 17,181 posts

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it as we both hate soaps, so the "piss take" was most welcome.

The bit that had me in fits of laughter was Harry voicing Anita Dobson singing the Eastenders theme - absolutely bleedin' hysterical!!

Will Cam

• Monday 24th August 2020, 5:21pm
  • England
  • 8,008 posts

I only managed 10 minutes of it. I am a huge Harry fan but I thought the lack of a studio audience was disappointing.

Off-topic post by Chappers on Mon 24th Aug 2020, 21:10

The Newcomers was one of my first adult TV memories.

Off-topic post by Billy Bunter on Mon 24th Aug 2020, 21:48
Quote: Chappers @ 24th August 2020, 9:10 PM

The Newcomers was one of my first adult TV memories.

...and alternated (on different days of the week) with United, as I recall, and which, as a football mad young boy, was my favourite. It had Harold Goodwin (who often crops up in small parts on TPTV in old b&w films) as Horace, the trainer. A football trainer called Horace - a sign of the times indeed!

Off-topic post by Chappers on Tue 25th Aug 2020, 20:11
Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th August 2020, 9:48 PM

...and alternated (on different days of the week) with United, as I recall, and which, as a football mad young boy, was my favourite. It had Harold Goodwin (who often crops up in small parts on TPTV in old b&w films) as Horace, the trainer. A football trainer called Horace - a sign of the times indeed!

Of course! Love to see that again (but maybe they should change the title).

Off-topic post by Billy Bunter on Wed 26th Aug 2020, 11:00

Not sure how topic of past soaps, which were shown on, and which was the sole theme of, the only episode so far broadcast of the subject of this thread can possibly be off topic. Errr

Off-topic post by Billy Bunter on Wed 26th Aug 2020, 20:41

Very amusing. But it doesn't really help. If it cannot be explained why discussing the content of a programme on a thread dedicated solely to that programme is off-topic, there is a danger that someone may, in the future, also commit the evidently heinous crime of discussing the content of a particular programme on a thread dedicated to that programme.

Off-topic post by Aaron on Wed 26th Aug 2020, 22:38

The above posts are considered off-topic because they are not concerned with the programme itself, but with something that the programme features.

It's like turning a thread about Citizen Smith into a discussion of the nature of Marxist activism in late-1970s England: related, but not relevant.

You're perfectly welcome to set up a thread chatting about old soaps in the General Discussion forum, but not here! :)

Off-topic post by Billy Bunter on Thu 27th Aug 2020, 11:47
Quote: Aaron @ 26th August 2020, 10:38 PM

The above posts are considered off-topic because they are not concerned with the programme itself, but with something that the programme features.

It's like turning a thread about Citizen Smith into a discussion of the nature of Marxist activism in late-1970s England: related, but not relevant.

Not at all. Since the soap that we were discussing had been shown on the programme the previous evening, I would say that it is more akin to discussing a particular scene that had been part of the previous day's episode of Citizen Smith.

And that will be my last comment on the matter (unless of course a further post demands a response :))

Off-topic post by Chappers on Thu 27th Aug 2020, 20:30
Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th August 2020, 11:47 AM

Not at all. Since the soap that we were discussing had been shown on the programme the previous evening, I would say that it is more akin to discussing a particular scene that had been part of the previous day's episode of Citizen Smith.

And that will be my last comment on the matter (unless of course a further post demands a response :))

:)

Definitely Tarby

• Thursday 27th August 2020, 11:48pm
  • 2,006 posts

It wasn't what I expected but soon started enjoying it and Harry Hill isn't on TV nearly enough.

jsg

• Sunday 30th August 2020, 10:25pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 399 posts

What was extraordinary to me about TV Burp was the way it could make fun of things that were so mundane, through its use of the clips. As with this and the clips on Alien Fun Capsule, it's really impressive at times.

Sitcomfan64

• Thursday 3rd September 2020, 7:47am
  • England
  • 725 posts

I'm not enjoying this nearly as much as I thought I would. Not a patch on TV Burp or Alien Fun Capsule, and that horn klaxon every few minutes is incredibly annoying.