BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 81

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th May 2021, 5:38 PM

The parallel Universe is the League you're currently in. Where everyone except me has an extra week's points on their total.

I'm still last. :(

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th May 2021, 5:38 PM

It's a simple matter for Kipper to just select 'start the scoring for gameweek 2'.

? Er no it's not. I don't have any such options. I can't even delete players or I'd have deleted Sunshine for turning up six months late when he realised this was the only league he could win.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th May 2021, 3:00 AM

I can't even delete players or I'd have deleted Sunshine for turning up six months late when he realised this was the only league he could win.

Pre-season you told me this:

"I have the Delete Teams button at my disposal for any who take the piss and somehow join who we don't know."

But now you don't have the Delete button? How strange.

It's there but doesn't work! I've put JP Pass in several times and it didn't do anything. If it did I'd happily delete you Don. I've now tried the team name but it still doesn't work. The delete player button just stays greyed out so it doesn't function. The only delete button that's bold black, and therefore functional is the Delete League button but obviously don't want to do that (although I'm beginning to think otherwise).

EDIT Ah I have though finally located the Start from GW button which is Black and should function. I didn't know you could do that until Godot brought it up. Okay then you've got what you wanted, you two deal with any fallout. If the early leaders hadn't fallen away (and perhaps posted more) then I wouldn't go along with it out of fairness but as they haven't, and there's also a fairness issue concerning Godot's score he's made so much of (although not accepted by everyone here) and he's been a big contributor throughout, I've relented. Here is that revised league...Pirate

Not that I'm concerned as I will forever be 14th, but what has changed, and where?

The only thing I'm worried about, apart from being crap this season, is the squabbles, as essentially I've enjoyed myself and hope to see you all here next season (?)

Iv'e thought about this and been passive throughout the arguments but changing the scores at the end is just wrong.
If emails and pm's were sent out well before the season started and were missed then, in the words of the 6th Pope Francesco della Rovere 'It's tough f**king shit'
Well he actually said Benidictus fiben de merdus. But it means the same thing.

We're restarting from gameweek 2 as an alternative to the 50 points added to Godot which he rejected in a girly tantrum. It'll take a week to rejig itself accordingly. I've no idea how the table will look, it will be what it'll be. I hope it finally settles all the fuss but somehow don't expect it to. One thing it probably will to do is make for a very hotly contested final 3 gameweeks.

Next season everyone has to be aware there'll be NO such concessions for joining late or transfer f**kups, turn up on time and put the odd post in, that's all you have to do if you can, but there'll be no deletions if you can't. The core of regular posters will keep the forum bubbling away as usual. For new members joining, you must show some sort of BCG clique credentials, so I suggest a minimum requirement of 1000 BCG posts to join. Hopefully we can still entice the odd BCGer to join, as I think at least 15 players is a good level to keep to. Morning.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th May 2021, 10:02 AM

Iv'e thought about this and been passive throughout the arguments but changing the scores at the end is just wrong.
If emails and pm's were sent out well before the season started and were missed then, in the words of the 6th Pope Francesco della Rovere 'It's tough f**king shit'
Well he actually said Benidictus fiben de merdus. But it means the same thing.

Yes I did lean to that sentiment myself but it's been a season of such turmoil and fixture changes by the FPL as well as inconsistencies in this league that it sort of levels itself out, in a way. :S For example is it fair the current leader didn't come over until gameweek 57 from another league just to collect another trophy?

And I as the adminner get flack from either side for not doing what they want, I can't win. At least no one can say I haven't been flexible and tried to find solutions. Although I get no effing thanks for it. I don't think the change is irreversible so we'll see what the general response is first. Someone else can take the admin role next season and see what it's like coping with a bunch of ungrateful c**ts themselves. Pirate

You've been doing a grand job Alf, and now you know why I didn't want the job you slotted me into, that Don fulfilled.

I remember Don offering to run a league between him and Godot - whatever happened to that? I'm sure they would be a lot stricter.

Absolutely ridiculous, the stupidest thing I've seen anyone say or do since the BCG Clique was started (And that's saying something)

Let me just check what Alfs score was in the first week
Ah I see

Additional comment deleted for foul and abusive language

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th May 2021, 10:38 AM

We're restarting from gameweek 2 as an alternative to the 50 points added to Godot which he rejected in a girly tantrum. It'll take a week to rejig itself accordingly. I've no idea how the table will look, it will be what it'll be. I hope it finally settles all the fuss but somehow don't expect it to. One thing it probably will to do is make for a very hotly contested final 3 gameweeks.

This is the right thing to do and I'm impressed that you've done it.

It now means the following:

• Everyone in the league has played the SAME number of weeks.
• Everyone started the league with zero points

Before neither was the case.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th May 2021, 3:41 PM

Absolutely ridiculous, the stupidest thing I've seen anyone say or do since the BCG Clique was started (And that's saying something)

There is nothing stupid or ridiculous about it at all. It's simply FAIR. Everyone plays the same number of weeks and starts from zero.

Let me ask you a few questions, and please answer them;

• why are you happy to have an extra game week's points on your total than me? Doesn't it bother you at all to have that advantage?
• Don't you want everyone to start from zero points and have the same number of gameweeks to play?
• Why do you think I should play with a handicap over you and everyone else?

Ah I see

Additional comment deleted for foul and abusive language

You alluding to Kipper somehow adjusting the scores to his advantage would only be the case if I had a GW1 score, but I don't, so you haven't lost anything - only your advantage over me, which surely you don't think you should have? The 'start from GW' option exists for precisely this eventuality, to make it possible to have everyone play the same number of weeks. So long as the GW is removed from the beginning and not some arbitrary point it is always fair - because everyone starts from zero.

If I had played GW1 and had score, starting at GW2 would be unfair

They said that about Churchill, declaring war against a far superior enemy, but his actions stopped you eating sauerkraut and watching Freddy Frinton for entertainment. It's a practical action, I was harrissed to act, I acted. Leaders have to make bold decisions and that's what I did.

Ah I see

So why would I hand my nearest rival a 48 points advantage over me with just 3 gameweeks left? :S

I nearly couldn't be arsed to reply
If you C**ts had sorted this in month one or two or something then fine it wouldn't have been a bad idea I would have even joined that league
to do it in the middle of a f**king Double game Game week like this is utter f**king C**tf**kery not the beginning not the end not even with a vote or a discussion

I'm sorry but if Godot was in my position at this time, he'd be f**king raging
IE if he had put his team in at the beginning, and then another person joined who missed a week in the league and then persuaded the admin to wipe out every one else's score for that week it would have been 12 pages at least

I'm feeling like it's a wind up,

The Maths was very easy to do, to wipe out everyone's first week score in this particular league was f**king bonkers( And I must reiterate DURING a double game week)
If anyone apart from Alf, Godot or Don* disagreed with me I'd be surprised

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th May 2021, 9:22 PM

They said that about Churchill, not agreeing to peace terms against a far superior enemy, but his actions stopped you eating sauerkraut and watching Freddy Frinton for entertainment. It's a practical action, I was harrissed to act, I acted. Leaders have to make bold decisions and that's what I did.

So why would I hand my nearest rival a 48 points advantage over me with just 3 gameweeks left? :S

Um I err well errr I'm not sure
Apart from the fact it's not actually a 48 point advantage Doesn't it give you a 29 point swing in your favour against the current leader with two rounds to go ?

But enjoy your final Chip, Well played It looks like a good tactic to narrow the new different gap that has suddenly appeared midweek

*To be fair I think Don would also agree because he's nothing if not fair

I don't understand.

Godot said he wouldn't mind coming in late as he wouldn't do any good anyway.

I've had coronavirus for seven solid years now and no one is shielding me.