Brandy For The Parson (1952)

I spy with my little eye, someone with the initials SK. In the mean time I struggled to stick with this "comedy" as the only time I even smiled was when a little Austin Seven shunted into the back of a glorious half cab single decker country coach - clearly "live" and well done.

Probably didn't help that it starred Kenneth More who I've never been a fan of - just don't know what it is about him but he simply gets on my nerves with his constant look of smugness........gripe over.

Other actors I vaguely recognise such as Reginald Beckwith and of course Alfie Bass, and in a major part Charles Hawtrey playing his usual drip character.

Oh, and the plot? An innocent young married couple get mixed up with brandy smuggler More........yawn

Very nice sports car I can't identify** and the answer to the I-Spy is of course Sam Kydd as, this time, a West Country yokel...................."Ooooh Ahhhh, oi been ina lota filums I be"

**Hooray!! For once the IMCDB has come up trumps - the car is a 1935 Railton Eight Ranalah Tourer. No wonder I couldn't identify it!! Seen briefly at the end of the film, with More driving and Hawtrey the passenger.