Greensleeves and Brownpants 4 - 13.7.20 Page 2

Evening all. I agree great turn out. Thank you Patrick and Gappy for your votes and to everyone one for taking time out to read my script. So difficult to choose from. My first choice is Playfull with a funny idea of God speaking through Sturgeon's gob and and having my own town's Chuckle Brothers included. And Michael for second for his play on words and his last line "Thank F**k for that" Ha

Well, i think i'm going for the new contributor - Altlapel. His/Her piece was subtle but nicely crafted, So subtle in fact that the connection to Scotland was not easily visible. Or at all visible...Welcome Alt Lapel!

And Thief, saw the Chuckle Brothers a couple of times in Panto, you knew you were in safe hands and everybody laughed...a lot,

Agreed, Playfull. The only reason Altlapel didn't get my vote is that the theme wasn't evident. I did wonder whether Michael's increasingly cryptic opening statements meant they didn't realise there was a theme!

I only saw the Chuckle Brothers once . . . Honest lol
Question for you guys? How does this work regarding the theme? With the next one being blue, does it have to be a lot of blue through the script or very little mentioning of blue? Hope that made sense? Are there any set rules?

Apart from don't diss the Spice girls i'm not aware of any rules...

Religion's a tough one.
The theme is just a stimulus for your creativity. Interpret it as closely or vaguely as you like.

Quote: gappy @ 15th July 2020, 9:28 AM

I did wonder whether Michael's increasingly cryptic opening statements meant they didn't realise there was a theme!

LOL you might have a point!

BTW i hate LOL

FYI, BTW is ok

Quote: Thief Of Bad Gags @ 15th July 2020, 3:07 PM

I only saw the Chuckle Brothers once . . . Honest lol
Question for you guys? How does this work regarding the theme? With the next one being blue, does it have to be a lot of blue through the script or very little mentioning of blue? Hope that made sense? Are there any set rules?

To my mind, so long as I can see a connection between what's written and the theme, it's fine. So, for this week, one could write a sketch about painting things blue, about the Rabbi Lionel Blue, about someone being sad, or just a sketch that's "not for t'kiddies", and they'd all be grand, As Michael said, it's just something to get the creative juices flowing.

But, personally, when I can't see the theme at all, I tend to veer away from giving a vote, but there are no rules or guidance about this, that's just my take.

Quote: playfull @ 16th July 2020, 8:42 AM

LOL you might have a point!

BTW i hate LOL

FYI, BTW is ok

Yes, IMHO FWIW.

To me... To you...

Thank you for clearing that up for me.
I've not seen the dead line to submit the Blue?
Unless my eyes are painted on as the misses always says

Consider it dung.

Ha ha :D

Thanks Mr Gags. I tried to PM you but the system's of a down. Can you enter this thread? Cheers https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35651/#P1223571

Okay Michael will do

Nothing like entering. Or sticky threads.