Staged

Staged. Image shows from L to R: David (David Tennant), Michael (Michael Sheen). Copyright: BBC / Simon Ridgeway.

Staged

David Tennant and Michael Sheen star as stage actors furloughed by Covid-19

Sitcomfan64

• Saturday 13th June 2020, 9:45am
  • England
  • 692 posts

Has anybody else been watching this? David Tennant and Michael Sheen have such an amazing chemistry, and it's the first thing I've seen made fully in lockdown that really works. I've laughed out loud at every single episode, only twenty minutes each so easy to binge. So god is it in fact, I hope that once we're out of lockdown we can have a second series of them at the theatre rehearsing.

Aaron

• Saturday 13th June 2020, 10:56am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,556 posts

Two episodes in, as per broadcast. Very watchable and enjoyable indeed. Not sure how heavily their chat is scripted but it feels very natural. They have great screen chemistry for sure.

Sitcomfan64

• Saturday 13th June 2020, 10:58am
  • England
  • 692 posts
Quote: Aaron @ 13th June 2020, 10:56 AM

Two episodes in, as per broadcast. Very watchable and enjoyable indeed. Not sure how heavily their chat is scripted but it feels very natural. They have great screen chemistry for sure.

Apparently it is scripted, but because of the genuine friendship between the two there are some scenes where they just riff.

Rood Eye

• Thursday 18th June 2020, 1:42pm
  • England
  • 3,951 posts

"Staged" is sensationally good.

Not only is it wonderfully funny but the real wonder, surely, is that two men who are first and foremost straight actors (and renowned as exceedingly good ones) can, when working together as a pair, be so wonderfully funny.

It's a 10 from me! Laughing out loud

James Cotter

• Sunday 28th June 2020, 7:36pm
  • Exeter, Devon, England
  • 1,593 posts

Loved the cameos too especially Dame Judi as the Headteacher of all thesps.

rrr 969

• Monday 29th June 2020, 7:53am
  • Odessa, Ukraine
  • 176 posts
Quote: James Cotter @ 28th June 2020, 7:36 PM

Loved the cameos too especially Dame Judi as the Headteacher of all thesps.

and Samuel L. Jackson in "Who The F..." episode for intentional overacting in manners comparison