Staged

Has anybody else been watching this? David Tennant and Michael Sheen have such an amazing chemistry, and it's the first thing I've seen made fully in lockdown that really works. I've laughed out loud at every single episode, only twenty minutes each so easy to binge. So god is it in fact, I hope that once we're out of lockdown we can have a second series of them at the theatre rehearsing.

Two episodes in, as per broadcast. Very watchable and enjoyable indeed. Not sure how heavily their chat is scripted but it feels very natural. They have great screen chemistry for sure.

Quote: Aaron @ 13th June 2020, 10:56 AM

Two episodes in, as per broadcast. Very watchable and enjoyable indeed. Not sure how heavily their chat is scripted but it feels very natural. They have great screen chemistry for sure.

Apparently it is scripted, but because of the genuine friendship between the two there are some scenes where they just riff.

"Staged" is sensationally good.

Not only is it wonderfully funny but the real wonder, surely, is that two men who are first and foremost straight actors (and renowned as exceedingly good ones) can, when working together as a pair, be so wonderfully funny.

It's a 10 from me! Laughing out loud

Loved the cameos too especially Dame Judi as the Headteacher of all thesps.

Quote: James Cotter @ 28th June 2020, 7:36 PM

Loved the cameos too especially Dame Judi as the Headteacher of all thesps.

and Samuel L. Jackson in "Who The F..." episode for intentional overacting in manners comparison

Loved it.

I'm not exactly sure what people saw in this to be honest. It stands to reason that most comedy made under lockdown hasn't been very long-form or high-effort because as well as other constraints there probably hasn't really been the time to do something like that.

It isn't every day Doctor Who meets Brian Clough. Love it!

All very funny, especially the Samuel L Jackson episode which had me really laughing.

Series 2 is just as good as series 1. Maybe better, because now they have a full grasp of what they can do with the format. Both Sheen and Tennant really play up to the egos they present onscreen, there are some hilariously childish moments between the two, I could watch them chat for hours.

S02. Wonderful on every level, each episode, many LOL for me, almost no boring lines, comparing to average sitcom it's miles ahead, - thanks to creator/writer and (allegedly improvising) brilliant leading actors (S & T... or T & S).

Yes it's very good, the one ep I've fully watched and little clips from last year, mainly because of the two lead actors, although in the project itself I see tinges of both The Trip and Episodes. It only adds to the image of the world of film, TV and acting being obsessed with itself, self satire or not, they do increasingly seem to have trouble picking subjects away from their own world.

Series 3 arrives next week as a box set on BritBox and it's also now 30 minute episodes.

I didn't even know they were doing a new series!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7086/staged-series-3-to-launch-on-britbox/

Quote: beaky @ 8th July 2020, 7:51 PM

It isn't every day Doctor Who meets Brian Clough. Love it!

Weren't they an angel and a demon?

I don't even remember this though.