Ricky & Ralf's Very Northern Road Trip

Anyone else watching this? I've watched them all on download (not sure why broadcasters lets you do that) and have thoroughly enjoyed them all. Easy to watch light entertainment.

I'm watching it at broadcast, and have really enjoyed the two episodes so far. Longing to visit Blackpool again!

A very funny, warm-hearted, eminently watchable series.

I totally agree Aaron. I can't believe what good nick Ricky Tomlinson is in at 80!

I really hope they are making some more.

Watched 2 so far. We are enjoying it a lot, both very likeable characters. Finding it Interesting seeing the crew shots and realising just what is involved in making something look so simple. Only gripe is we had a bit too much Brian Blessed!

Yeah I've only seen episodes 1 and 2 so far, but enjoying it. Great to see them having fun, and the show oddly is kinda... feel-good?

Quote: Feeoree @ 30th May 2020, 5:13 PM

Yeah I've only seen episodes 1 and 2 so far, but enjoying it. Great to see them having fun, and the show oddly is kinda... feel-good?

I think a lot of that is the fact that Ricky and Ralf both seem to be optimistic characters.

The bit in episode 5 with John Shuttleworth reminded me of my music teacher showing us his "I can't go back to savoury now" song on YouTube. I couldn't quite find it when I searched for it before, and hadn't even clocked it was by him until I saw this, so that's nice.

They have a good chemistry, and I particularly enjoyed hearing Ralf's little anecdotes about The Royle Family.

I thinks it's a really nice show just a couple of mates having a good time