Issue with "Email me when someone replies" tab

I randomly get an email to tell me someone has posted in the 'Make an unfounded claim about the poster above you' thread.

I don't recall ever having clicked the tab to turn this on and every time it happens I uncheck the tick box but it doesn't clear.

I got an email at 12:23 today to notify me of a reply to the thread with a link to it. I clicked on the link and got ,Sorry, that post does not exist'.

On checking the thread no one has posted since Sunday 3 May.

It's all very strange?:S

Hi Will, I put something on that thread and then deleted it , which might explain things.

Cheers Firkin, that solves one of the mysteries.

El bumpo

Quote: Will Cam @ 8th May 2020, 1:20 PM

I randomly get an email to tell me someone has posted in the 'Make an unfounded claim about the poster above you' thread.

I don't recall ever having clicked the tab to turn this on and every time it happens I uncheck the tick box but it doesn't clear.

The tick-box would only have effect if you are submitting the form by posting a reply at the same time. If you are doing so, there must be a bug somewhere and I'll have a look.

There's a separate button at the top-right of the page: if you're not getting email updates click "Email me notifications" to turn them on. If you are, it'll say "Stop email notifications", and - you guessed it - click and vice versa, they'll be turned off.

If that doesn't work, please do let us know and I'll investigate.