Hitmen

Sitcom built around Mel and Sue. It's odd, despite some very awkward comedy and not many laughs it was strangely compelling. I'm giving it to episode 2 anyway.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 26th March 2020, 9:22 PM

I'm giving it to episode 2 anyway.

Haven't watched it yet but I did notice that episode two followed episode one last night. Next week at the same time is episode 3.

Mind you, episode two is on again several times over the next few days and, presumably, available on catch-up.

I enjoyed this much more than I feared may be the case. Plenty of room for yet more silliness though.

Quote: Aaron @ 27th March 2020, 4:46 PM

I enjoyed this much more than I feared may be the case. Plenty of room for yet more silliness though.

I agree, a wonderfully funny series. Watched all the boxset these last few days on demand.

Not the best sitcom ever made but certainly not the worst. Hopefully if a second series were to come to fruition, I'd more than happily give it a watch.

Found this quite interesting in its own way. I'm not eager for more, but it was good while it was on.

(Bit late to this, I'm behind on Sky and Netflix stuff. I was surprised when I found out how low Sky One's viewing figures are, despite the fact that aside from Simpsons repeats I don't really remember ever watching it.)

The reviews I've read (on BCG and elsewhere) are far from glowing and most are lukewarm at best.

Strangely, however, I think "Hitmen" is a little gem.

Okay, it's not "Yes, Minister" and it's not "Curb Your Enthusiasm": it simply is what it is - but what it is is bloody good.

For decades, I've been watching zany sitcoms and I've been watching serious dark dramas but I've never before seen a TV programme where the two genres intertwined so seamlessly and so naturally.

Production values are excellent and the funny lines, although occasionally perhaps needing a bit of work on paper, are absolutely spot on when delivered by the characters.

There's a lot of talent gone into the production and the performance of the show - far more than might be apparent at first glance.

I like it and I have a feeling people will still be watching and enjoying "Hitmen" when an awful lot of modern sitcoms have been forgotten.