Coronavirus Page 54

Why is Tesla's owner complaining we're all staying at home, either he wants us to be green or he doesn't ?

Donald Trump SUCKS. Still no cure for coronavirus. If I am Pisident I cure coronavirus and stop right now thank you vert much all war and terrorismers and prejudick. Then I no corrupsion and only nise. Trump SUCKS!!!

He claims that the US economy will be the best it's ever been in 2021

Well if he is true to his word he deserves a lot of praise

More likely though is that it will be a wreck and he is , as previously perceived - a sodding idiot

Film and TV production to resume with 2 metre social distancing. So no affairs, fights or pub scenes in soaps.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/uk-government-confirms-film-and-tv-production-can-restart-within-social-distancing-guidelines/5149750.article

In other news, Eastenders new timeslot given as two and a half minutes.

I've just had a video chat with my GP.

I told him I used to hate lockdown at first but that recently I've come to love it.

He said, "You've got stuck-home syndrome!"

Was he naked?

Yes, I do have something to say on this virus, thank you very much

For decades I had five fruit pen tops.

Then it went down to two.

Today Mrs Orange's arm fell off.

Now I'm just left with an unblemished Mr Blackberry. :(

In the two world wars, parents had no choice but to let their children go off to face a significant probability of death or injury when the government demanded it.

In 2020, however, a great many parents (and several trade unionists on behalf of their members - and those parents) are saying "No!" to the government's insistence that youngsters leave the safety of their homes to return to the classroom and hence do the one thing the government have been telling us for months is the best way to catch coronavirus and subsequently transmit it to everybody they meet.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 12th May 2020, 5:48 PM

In the two world wars, parents had no choice but to let their children go off to face a significant probability of death or injury when the government demanded it.

In 2020, however, a great many parents (and several trade unionists on behalf of their members - and those parents) are saying "No!" to the government's insistence that youngsters leave the safety of their homes to return to the classroom and hence do the one thing the government have been telling us for months is the best way to catch coronavirus and subsequently transmit it to everybody they meet.

In 1968/69 I was in the 4th form at school. In 1968/69 there was a worldwide outbreak of Hong Kong Flu, resulting in 80,000 UK deaths and 1 million deaths worldwide (double the current deaths of those "with" Coronavirus though not necessarily "of"). I am happy to report that I, and all my classmates, and, as far as I am aware, the entire school, survived the outbreak. In fact, probably due to a more restrained press and a less hysterical government, I don't recall even being aware of the outbreak.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th May 2020, 6:16 PM

In 1968/69 I was in the 5th form at school. In 1968/69 there was a worldwide outbreak of Hong Kong Flu, resulting in 80,000 UK deaths and 1 million deaths worldwide (double the current deaths of those "with" Coronavirus though not necessarily "of"). I am happy to report that I, and all my classmates, and, as far as I am aware, the entire school, survived the outbreak. In fact, probably due to a more restrained press, a non-panicking government and a less hysterical population, I don't recall even being aware of the outbreak.

Billy's statistics are accurate and their apparent implications are by no means without merit.

However, that is absolutely no reason to stop panicking.

Nobody ever had any fun by remaining calm.

You know it makes sense.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th May 2020, 6:16 PM

... a less hysterical government.

That's the Labour Party for you.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th May 2020, 6:40 PM

That's the Labour Party for you.

"Your Darling Harold..."

In 1968/69 I was in the 5th form at school. In 1968/69 there was a worldwide outbreak of Hong Kong Flu, resulting in 80,000 UK deaths and 1 million deaths worldwide (double the current deaths of those "with" Coronavirus though not necessarily "of"). I am happy to report that I, and all my classmates, and, as far as I am aware, the entire school, survived the outbreak. In fact, probably due to a more restrained press and a less hysterical government, I don't recall even being aware of the outbreak.

Billy have you any idea how much the world has changed since you went to school.? Or that while you were skipping along the well trimmed hedges of Acacia Avenue in suburbia happily passing policemen who probably had a homosexual in handcuffs, the only person flying regularly was The Saint?

Meanwhile In 2019 air passenger numbers alone were expected to be in the 4.59 billion range not to mention the Euro Tunnel and and massive ferry trade because we have joined a border less free market with a population of 341,925,002.

I dropped a card off today at a house where a Paramedic working double shifts infected his wife and daughter, his wife is dead and his daughter is in intensive care and their son also has the virus. She was a Social Worker , her daughter is a teacher and the brother is a Special Need's teacher. Everyone of them played a role in their community.

They are a close friend of mines family and if you want to read about the type in 'Carol Challoner Liverpool Echo' Take 5 minutes to read it .

The equivalent of two jumbo jets a day falling out of the sky are the numbers being reported let alone the ones that are not. Each number represents a person , a loved one who's death will devastate their families and friends. So if you want to take your 'With; to Queens Drive Liverpool tomorrow which will be lined with hundreds of Socially Distancing members of her community and point out that you have your doubts about the virus's impact, then I'm sure they'll counter your argument.

I am sorry to hear of your friend's losses but must point out that:

A) Nowhere in my post did I express doubts about the virus's impact; it would be stupid, and well outside my competence, to do so;
B) What I did say is entirely factual as confirmed by Rood Eye in his subsequent post;
C) My point in providing these facts was to offer some reassurance, albeit probably in absentia, to those who, as Rood Eye had suggested in his preceding post, were concerned about sending their children back to school (which, incidentally, include my nephew and his wife) in an attempt to counter the panic & fear so beloved by the media and others;
D) You have no idea where I went to school or what route I took to get there (for the record I went to a comprehensive school in London and did not skip along any hedges).

I was 5 and 6 in the years mentioned and don't recall Hong Kong flu.

That was the year when we all got dysentery in my school and I was extremely ill with it.