Newsjack 2020 Page 18

It didn't really suffer from not having an audience. Maybe they should keep it up.

Congrats everyone who got the good and nearly emails. Nothing for me again making me 0 from 6 this series.

On the plus side, it's the first series since I started 2 years ago where I've managed submit a full set of one-liners every week, so I'll take the positives where I can (unless they're testing me for coronavirus).

Quite enjoyed the novelty of the episode without the studio audience.

My bit was the opening breaking news oneliner:

The Parkour world championships have been postponed due to coronavirus. Competitors stuck at home are reported to be climbing the walls.

There was also that sketch about the sing-alongs which was totally different from the sketch I sent that involved a sing-along, except that the performed sketch did include the same reference to PJ & Duncan's Let's Get Ready to Rumble as a stirringly patriotic British song. Surely not enough to constitute a credit, but I'll take a little bit of personal satisfaction!

Congrats everyone with emails! Nothing for me again, that's a shameful 0 from 6 for the series for me.

Miserable git mode now, but I thought the episode was woeful - a few decent one-liners, but the sketches were just not funny... I wonder whether the lack of audience was partly to blame, at least a silent audience would give them more of a clue when something just isn't funny...

By the way, I would be interested to hear where people source their news stories from - every week there are stories referenced that I've not heard?

Quote: skram @ 20th March 2020, 12:40 PM

Congrats everyone with emails! Nothing for me again, that's a shameful 0 from 6 for the series for me.

By the way, I would be interested to hear where people source their news stories from - every week there are stories referenced that I've not heard?

I'm probably old-fashioned in that I still get a daily paper delivered. But as there isn't much Newsjack worthy material in the Daily Sport *, I tend to trawl through various online news sites

(* Just in case anyone's about to hit the panic button, the Daily Sport is no more. But it probably did have the odd bit of quirky material suitable for NJ....... )

Here's a freebie as a gift from me to all BCG NewsJack submitters:

It was a good week for 61-year-old former Page-3 girl Linda Lusardi who began a remarkable recovery from coronavirus after doctors expected her not to pull through.

However, it was a bad week for headline writers at The Sun who were already locked and loaded with "Knock, knock, knockers at Heaven's door".

Go on, you know you want to send it in! Laughing out loud

It's been a bad week for everybody who's died or otherwise suffered, directly or indirectly, from coronavirus.

However, it's been a great week for 450 BBC employees whose jobs on news shows were due to be axed but who are now as safe as houses due to the demands of covering coronavirus.

PS. I'm not sending the above into NewsJack: it's not sidesplitting funny, it's just amusingly ironic - but it is 100% true.

According to Twitter (so it must be true), something's coming.

Something's coming. I can feel it and it's coming right around the corner at me, Sergeant Major.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1hDdvFLfWClPHW7zT3sq01S/submit-a-sketch

I don't know what came over me. Actually...
Newsjack is like my mother. Always open

Woot woot, submissions starting next week then! Shame there is no news ;-P

Apparently there's some kind of virus going round...?

Series 23 thread is here:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/1225484/