Is There a County Which Has Not Produced a Famous Comedian?

This game involves a process of elimination. In each post, you can only select a county which has not previously been mentioned and one famous comedian who was born there. The aim by the end of the game is to find one county in which no famous comedian has been born but which one is it? The only route for getting there is naming counties which have.

1. Lincolnshire - Jennifer Saunders.

2 Glamorganshire -Tommy Cooper.

3. Greater Manchester - Steve Coogan.

4. City of Aberdeen - Graeme Garden.

5 Conwy/Clywd/Denbighshire although it's hard to know which as the names keep changing :S - Terry Jones

6. County Durham - Rowan Atkinson.

7 Royal Berkshire-Ricky Gervais.

8. County Tyrone - Jimmy Cricket.

9 Hampshire - Benny Hill

10-Bedfordshire-Ronnie Barker

11. Dorset - Alan Carr.

Midlothian - Ronnie Corbett

13. Cornwall - Morwenna Banks

Alf Kipper correctly advises by implication that as far as SCOTLAND is concerned we should be going by the unitary council areas defined by the relevant 1994 Act. For easy reference, these are in column two of the table here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_of_Scotland#Council_areas

What this means is he is right with Ronnie Corbett and Midlothian and I was wrong on Graeme Garden for which my apologies. There Aberdeenshire, which does actually exist in column two, should be replaced by City of Aberdeen as he was born in the city of Aberdeen. We will need to find someone else from Aberdeenshire in due course.

14. Glasgow City - Susan Calman.

(I will amend my Graeme Garden contribution now!)

On the question about WALES, I am going to take an executive decision and say that we should be going by the second column in this table:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preserved_counties_of_Wales

This officially makes Terry Jones from Conwy, the first of Alf's options, as he was born in Colwyn Bay and Colwyn Bay is in Conwy. It also makes John Tregorran's Tommy Cooper from Caerphilly rather than Glamorganshire.

15. Neath Port Talbot - Max Boyce.

.Onwards and upwards! :)

16. Inverclyde - Chic Murray.

There are 48 for England, 32 for Scotland, 22 for Wales and 6 for Northern Ireland so the magic figure we are aiming for is 108 - or 107 so as to prove that one county is totally humourless - therefore actually it is a lot less difficult than it looks.