Web Series Episode - Is it funny?

Hello all, from the Introductions section I have been advised to pop this in here. It's the latest episode of my web series 'Gap Year in Blandston'.

I'd love to hear what your initial reactions are and don't expect any in depth critiques, it is bloody long for internet content. This being a comedy forum I'm mostly concerned with if any of it is funny to you and if the characters a worthy of a series. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkVIQvHsuUY

I've just watched Episodes 1 and 2 and it's leagues ahead of most new comedy to be found online.

As well as the weird and wonderful characters (all played very well indeed by the actors), there's a tremendous air of confidence about the entire production. Nobody is desperate to get quick and easy laughs: the whole thing plays out at its own speed and it's not going to be hurried. In that sense, it's exactly what quality comedy should be.

If I were Head of Comedy at the BBC or at any other broadcasting company (which inexplicably I'm not), I'd be very interested in this.

As I suggested earlier in another thread, some people are going to turn this on, immediately think "WTF???" and immediately turn it off again.

However, as I also suggested, a lot of people are going to like this.

Once again thank you for your kind words. I'm glad it works for you. I agree and think it will appeal to some and turn off others, I think due to the tone and characters being of the young, stonerish type, which I'm sure isn't to everyones' taste but that's okay with me! I will certainly be pursuing any industry avenues I can with it, especially after episode three which is currently in the works. I'm aiming for it to be a bit more snappy in pace as I feel these first two are quite slow moving (somewhat purposely to reflect the characters and each story) and I'm going to try to go for a more ambitious narrative. So stay tuned! Cheers.

Jack, I'm really impressed. Considering it must have been done on a limited budget, the production values are excellent. The characters are clearly defined, and beautifully played. The scene in Bruce's room was particularly good, and the reveal when the Indian cloth fell off to show his football posters had me laughing out loud. Congratulations!

Many thanks Beaky!

I liked it. Shows talent.

Yes - Funny and generally very impressive by Internet standards (I mean that as a compliment, not a backhanded one).

I had a few small issues with the sound mix and I thought maybe it should have a second plot with other characters to break things up a bit (though I know that's asking faaaaar too much). But all in all very good and I hope production companies see potential in it.

Thank you all for your comments, really appreciate them all. Episode three is in the works with a possible crowd funding campaign to support it and future episodes. I expect there will be some extra content to support that so stay tuned!