Trying to track down an old sketch

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a very vague question I'm afraid! I'm trying to track down a comedy sketch from years ago which featured Ronnie Barker and Charlie Drake. That is all I know about it. My partner remembers it fondly and I'd like to try to pick it up on DVD as a present for him. Any help would be very much appreciated regarding which show it might have appeared on - and sorry again that the details are so vague! Thank you

The only occasion upon which I remember Ronnie Barker and Charlie Drake appearing together is in a 1963 film "The Cracksman" in which they appear as cellmates in a prison.

Could it be what your partner is thinking of?

'
If so, it's yours for £3.20 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00F988PYQ/comedyguide-21

Thank you very much Rood Eye - this may well be it. (And what a bargain!) Much appreciated.

I guess it may not be the sketch your partner is thinking of as it is a film. It would probably be difficult to get the actual sketch itself. However, hopefully your partner will still appreciate the film as a gift, regardless. Must admit, I am tempted myself!

Thank you all very much for your help
:-)

I believe this was inspiration for Porridge.

Memory is a funny thing and it can certainly play funny tricks.

In any list of TV success stories, Charlie Drake and Ronnie Barker would be in the very top echelon: both men were megastars of their day although they were not megastars simultaneously.

Having continued to rack my brains over this one, I simply cannot remember ever seeing them on a TV show together.

If they did appear together in a sketch on TV, I'd love to know the details.

For what it's worth, I've now had the opportunity to double check our database and The Cracksman is the only instance of their working together that we currently record.

That's great - thanks for confirming. You've all been very helpful. (And he loves Porridge, so hopefully I can't go wrong!!) :-)