Whose Line Is It Anyway? Page 4

Quote: JuliaC @ August 27 2008, 4:31 PM BST

I loved WLIIA and am glad of the re-runs on Dave.

They do it on fiver as well I believe!

I love Whose Line... the American one as well (please don't shoot me).

I only got into it by accident but I just think they're so clever and witty and I wish I could think on my feet like them.

Quote: JuliaC @ August 27 2008, 6:58 PM BST

o/ o/ o/ Yayyyyyy!!

That is one of my favourite scenes. I've tried to youtube it before but never managed it. Thank you!

Have a present:

You're too kind. ;)

Quote: EllieJP @ August 28 2008, 5:08 PM BST

I only got into it by accident but I just think they're so clever and witty and I wish I could think on my feet like them.

I don't like the American one because the audiance get on my nerves.

Oh no, now you've pointed that out to me I'm going to notice them! Arghhh

Although, I loved the Jerry Springer one, where they all had to sing a word each. Brilliant.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 28 2008, 5:37 PM BST

Oh no, now you've pointed that out to me I'm going to notice them! Arghhh

Although, I loved the Jerry Springer one, where they all had to sing a word each. Brilliant.

It's just that they shriek with laughter at the slightest thing.

Good news about Fiver - I'll have to keep a look out.

I quite like the American one too. Colin and Ryan were both great on the UK one and they good on the US one too. Agree with Charly though about the audience. I saw Eddie Izzard in Las Vegas earlier this year and he actually asked his audience to stop whooping every 30 seconds as it was getting on his nerves!

Quote: Charly @ August 28 2008, 5:22 PM BST

You're too kind. ;)

You're welcome. :)

To be fair, the American ones are up-to standard with the British ones. In fact, lets be honest, towards the end WLIIA UK was pretty much American anyway what with Mochrie, Stiles, Proops and McShane putting in some of the best performances.

The one advantage the American one has is that it doesn't have Clive Anderson - his faffing about, ums and ahs, and general indecision irritates the hell out of me. That's one bit of the show that should have had a script.

Just started watching Series 3, and glad to see the debut of Colin Mochrie in episode 5, BUT I can see why Julian Clary only appeared in one episode (Ep.4) as he was abysmal! Hopelessly floundering and unfunny - clearly absolutely no good at improv. And before I get accused again of homophobia, let me say here and now that I like Clary and thought his "Passions" homage documentary of Noel Coward five years ago was superb, and I like his dry (sometimes wet ?) sense of humour.