Whose Line Is It Anyway? Page 2

Whose Line is one of the greatest comedy shows I've ever seen and, for a change, the American version isn't shite! Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie are one of the nest double acts in the history of television. :D Has anyone seen Drew Carey's Green Show? It's basically Whose Line, but performed on front of a green screen (hence the title!) so they can throw animations into the games and 'bring them to life'. Most of the performers from the American version of the show are on it expect Wayne Brady and Ryan Stiles. It's nowhere near as good as Whose Line, but it is good in it's own right. The Improv All Stars was excellent though. It, again, was basically Whose Line on stage. It's available for download somewhere for sure, if you want to check it out. There's two of them. Another show you may be interested in is On The Spot, a sitcom that features improvised games from Whose Line throughout. Unfortunately this show got cancelled after five episodes, but it's worth downloading if you enjoy the American Version of Whose Line. It stars Jeff Davis who is a great improviser. Wow, this has got to be my longest post! :D

I remember watching this, and then the next day at school we would all talking about it. :P

Some good stuff.

Quote: earman2009 @ October 24, 2007, 8:26 PM

Whose Line is one of the greatest comedy shows I've ever seen and, for a change, the American version isn't shite! Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie are one of the nest double acts in the history of television. :D Has anyone seen Drew Carey's Green Show? It's basically Whose Line, but performed on front of a green screen (hence the title!) so they can throw animations into the games and 'bring them to life'. Most of the performers from the American version of the show are on it expect Wayne Brady and Ryan Stiles. It's nowhere near as good as Whose Line, but it is good in it's own right. The Improv All Stars was excellent though. It, again, was basically Whose Line on stage. It's available for download somewhere for sure, if you want to check it out. There's two of them. Another show you may be interested in is On The Spot, a sitcom that features improvised games from Whose Line throughout. Unfortunately this show got cancelled after five episodes, but it's worth downloading if you enjoy the American Version of Whose Line. It stars Jeff Davis who is a great improviser. Wow, this has got to be my longest post! :D

I've got to agree! Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles must be one of the best comedy duo acts. One of my favs though has to be Greg Proops. That bloke could stop any show with just one line.
I used to love watching WLIIA on a Friday night years ago. Then Five US showed the US version (which I thought was better TBH. Drew Carey brought a bit more to the show, only my opinion!) I've imported the first series of the US WLIIA from Canada. The outakes are a must see!

+1 for Dave's resurrection of this class show. IIRC, the later ones became pretty smug and self congratulatory - last night I watched Josie Lawrence, Mike McShane, Tony Slattery and Rory Bremner. Terrific episode. Always used to watch when
Josie or Tony were on, still _so_ impressive.

Slightly off topic, but can I quickly mention the US Office s02e09. Michael Scott and his improv classes. Very funny indeed. BOOM!

I would love to see WLIIA to make a come back. It would be a terrific opportunity for new actors and comics to make a name for themselves. It would also be a great vehicle for the BBC to use to see who actually makes people laugh!

There is something almost like it coming very soon, isn't there?

Yeah they reaaally need to bring it back :P

Does anyone remember Peter Cook doing some of the early shows? I'm going to have to youtube those to jog the old memory bank.

He hosted one, yes. There's a very funny sketch with John Bird in which they play builders commissioned to construct 'a bleedin' stately pleasure dome.'

Quote: zooo @ December 1, 2007, 2:06 PM

There is something almost like it coming very soon, isn't there?

Are you reffering to Thank God Your Here? I've never seen the Aussie version, so i look forward to seeing this.

Yeah, I think so!

I love Whose Line Is It Anyway? Or at least the first 5 series of the UK one. After series 5 Paul Merton wasn't in it anymore, and then Tony Slattery left after series 7, which ruined it for me. I've only seen it repeated, but I think it's still funny 20 years after it was filmed.

Slattery was my favourite.

Quote: zooo @ August 27 2008, 1:25 PM BST

Slattery was my favourite.

Mine too! He was so adorable!

So cuuute!!
Aw.
Must find an old pic...