Daliso Chaponda

I was quite impressed.

Certainly the best comedian from Malawi I have ever heard.

What do you think?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 12th November 2019, 7:51 PM

I was quite impressed.

Certainly the best comedian from Malawi I have ever heard.

What do you think?

I can honestly say I've never heard anyone funnier from Malawi.

In fact, I have to say he's a lot funnier than some of our home-grown comedy talent. Laughing out loud

I'm enjoying his Radio 4 show. Last week's was good because it touched on some of the idiots who attack him and say he's only on TV or the radio because he's black. In other words, some of the guff you get on this forum whenever a none-white performer is discussed.

Anyway, Citizen of Nowhere is well worth checking out.

I saw him headline before he went on Britain's got Talent. Polished delivery and an excellent set. But BGT must have used up all his material. Saw a recent video and his material is no where near as good. Great delivery thought, he's a cut above imho.

He's on tour for the next few months and ticket prices are typically £16.50 but range from £8.80 to around £20.

Venues are dotted around the north, middle and south of England - and there are also a couple of gigs in Cardiff.

You could certainly do worse! Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ 13th November 2019, 6:45 AM

I'm enjoying his Radio 4 show. Last week's was good because it touched on some of the idiots who attack him and say he's only on TV or the radio because he's black. In other words, some of the guff you get on this forum whenever a none-white performer is discussed.

Anyway, Citizen of Nowhere is well worth checking out.

Agree. One memorable part was when he tackled assumptions on black poverty in Africa and essentially revealed that his family was quite wealthy. There are enough astute twists and turns in what he does to make him quite interesting. I could give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. (Maybe this thread should have gone into the stand up section - not sure - but it's here now).