General Election 2019 Page 12

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th December 2019, 8:38 PM

Where the hell is DIANE ABBOT!?

Hiding from MI5 ?

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th December 2019, 8:38 PM

Where the hell is DIANE ABBOT!?

Probably hiding in a bunker with creepy arse Mogg.

Who should you vote for?

Answer a few questions and you'll be told to what extent each party represents your views.

https://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/

Even if you know who you're going to vote for, you might be surprised how this little test interprets your answers.

No bastard is telling me how to vote. I'm a floating voter (wouldn't float to the Tories unless I'd an arsenal of torpedoes). I've already voted Postal. We decided on that in case the weather was bad as we can get snowed in here.

Whose idea was it get BoJo to be a milkman? What could go wrong?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 11th December 2019, 10:34 AM

Whose idea was it get BoJo to be a milkman? What could go wrong?

You could hear his heartbeats pound
and see his trousers down around
his ankles as he legged it
from the houses on his round.
When involved in customer service,
returning husbands made him nervous.
His name was Bojo
And he was bonking every housewife in the west.

Laughing out loud

Haha! Love it :)

Final predictions?
Mine -
CON - 331
LAB - 228
SNP - 42
LIBD - 33
OTHERS - 26
Don't believe polls low score for LibDems giving them just 15, think they'll double that on the day as remainers desperately try to stop Brexit happening but also think the big tactical voting ploy has confused some and angered some and won't get the results they worked out on paper they could get. Humans tend to be more rebellious and unpredictable than mathematical sums. But we shall see...

I'll be interested to see how the Brexit party do in terms of shaking things up because Farage hasn't had a great election, with his party descending into backbiting and chaos (much like the last party he founded).

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th December 2019, 10:58 PM

Don't believe polls low score for LibDems giving them just 15, think they'll double that on the day as remainers desperately try to stop Brexit happening but also think the big tactical voting ploy has confused some and angered some and won't get the results they worked out on paper they could get. Humans tend to be more rebellious and unpredictable than mathematical sums. But we shall see...

I love how you seem to think tactical voting is just a ploy of the evil and duplicitous Remainers, when this whole election kicked off with Nigel Farage not contesting three hundred odd seats the Tories won at the last election because it might hurt Brexit. Despite the fact that Farage has been very vocal about how rubbish he thinks Boris's deal is.

Farage's ego has apparently not let him realise that the highish vote that his party got in the EU election this year was probably nearly all 'tactical voting' and the population are not really interested in the Brexit party at all.

Election day is finally with us and, as I've been saying ever since the result of the EU referendum was announced, I still can't believe Britain is going to leave the EU.

From John O'Groats to Land's End, there are only a handful of people with the knowledge necessary to make an informed decision about the pros and cons of Brexit - and yet the government was crazy enough to place that momentous decision in the hands of millions of people who didn't have a single solitary effing clue what they were voting for or against.

Never mind what the polls have been predicting. Unless we are all living in some sort of "Boris in Wonderland" fantasy, the Tories can't get an overall majority today and I suspect millions upon millions of voters who didn't vote in the EU referendum and who don't normally vote in general elections will be down at their polling stations today to try and steer the UK back to safety.

Indeed, I believe millions of people who voted to leave for no reason other than that they objected to foreigners dictating the shape of the bananas we're allowed to eat in the UK, are now realising the consequences of their action and will be voting accordingly today.

I will be astonished if Boris gets his overall majority but I'm ever mindful of the fact that in Wonderland absolutely anything can happen.

No matter what happens, this is going to be the most fascinating and important election night most of us have ever seen - or will ever see.

Interesting chat with local sheep farmer who's (finally) worked out he's about to be shafted by Brexit. He's changing his vote, as are a lot of the farmers he talks to at the market.
Perhaps yokel power will save us!

Well I'm in a constituency where I had to vote tactically. I've done lots of research and reading to make sure, but Labour has never had a hope in hell here, it's always been between Con/Lib, so I voted Lib, anything to kick the Tories out. As it happens our local Lib MP has done a lot of good work and, crucially, actually seems to know what she's talking about. I will be astonished if the Tories get a majority, especially if the reports that there are the highest ever turnout at the polling booths are true. Young people will steer this election. I might even stay up for the results.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 12th December 2019, 11:45 AM

From John O'Groats to Land's End, there are only a handful of people with the knowledge necessary to make an informed decision about the pros and cons of Brexit - and yet the government was crazy enough to place that momentous decision in the hands of millions of people who didn't have a single solitary effing clue what they were voting for or against.

The problem seems to be that around 640 of those who didn't have a single solitary effing clue what they were voting for or against are UK MPs.

Quote: billwill @ 12th December 2019, 7:57 PM

The problem seems to be that around 640 of those who didn't have a single solitary effing clue what they were voting for or against are UK MPs.

Excellent quip, Bill.

Worthy of anyone on HIGNFY! Laughing out loud