Controversial Page 2

Chip I'm sorry but I think that this recently released data by WKGW* says it all.

It Reads
Extensive studies surrounding childhood choices has shown that Daddies Brown Sauce was used by those who read the Dandy. While Beano readers, who being a much superior beings proffered the superior HP.

Further tests surrounding kids that watched Magpie against those that watched Blue Peter is due out soon and apparently the results are out f**kingrageus!

*Where Kids Go Wrong' its a Swiss clinic funded by a highly controversial joint venture between British American Tobacco and the Early Learning Centre.

Beano and HP correlate but NOT on a bacon ROLL. The only accompaniment should be some grilled tomato.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 25th October 2019, 12:50 PM

Chip I'm sorry but I think that this recently released data by WKGW* says it all.

It Reads
Extensive studies surrounding childhood choices has shown that Daddies Brown Sauce was used by those who read the Dandy. While Beano readers, who being a much superior beings proffered the superior HP.

Further tests surrounding kids that watched Magpie against those that watched Blue Peter is due out soon and apparently the results are out f**kingrageus!

*Where Kids Go Wrong' its a Swiss clinic funded by a highly controversial joint venture between British American Tobacco and the Early Learning Centre.

Haha!
And what of Worcester sauce users?

The only Worcestershire sauce on bacon user that I know other than your Beaky is called 'Abnormal Norman' and with good cause I may add. He Double Grooms'* Hamsters

First he sits the Hamster on his lap and brushes it with a soft bristle Little Mermaid' brush that he robbed from the Pound Shop. Once the Hamster is looking its best he sticks his finger up its arse and when it screams he throws his tongue down its throat,And he swears by the Worcester stuff.

Do you have an opinion on mayonnaise on chips? One of my BH's disgusting habits.

Quote: john tregorran @ 25th October 2019, 9:29 PM

Do you have an opinion on mayonnaise on chips? One of my BH's disgusting habits.

I always think it sounds disgusting but I've never tried it. Chips should hold on their own with just some salt and vinegar.

exactly.

Quote: Firkin @ 25th October 2019, 11:49 AM

No mentioned of horseradish sauce, does your lineage mean nothing to you ? Fraternising with mustard of all people. You should do well to remember your roots.

Actually I do eat a lot of myself - but not with bacon baps or a shosage roll.

No - it has to be Tomato SAUCE!

What is Ketchup anyway? It's not a very English word.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th October 2019, 8:05 PM

No - it has to be Tomato SAUCE!

What is Ketchup anyway? It's not a very English word.

And that's bollocks. Tomato SAUCE is the cheap nasty vinegary type you used to get in greasy spoon caffs, and I quote:-

"Is the hero of American condiments: ketchup? NO, it turns out ketchup's origins are anything but American. Ketchup comes from the Hokkien Chinese word, kê-tsiap, the name of a sauce derived from fermented fish. It is believed that traders brought fish sauce from Vietnam to southeastern China."

I think you're having a dig at Yank words entering the English language and you have my full support in that, but it is not a American word and has been in the English language long before Heinz came over here well over 100 years ago.

Now if you had been foaming at the mouth about "Catsup", that would have been a different matter. :D

Tomato ketchup/sauce on a bacon roll for me, and that's mainly because I use streaky bacon. However there is some leeway for those who use back bacon, as I have sampled some with brown sauce and it works quite well with it, but not with crispy streaky. Brown sauce only on bangers. Worcester sauce on bangers not bacon, but only as an occasional change to brown sauce or English mustard. Ketchup on hotdogs. For spam fritters it's also ketchup only.

Not a fan of grilled tomatoes, raw tomatoes and floppy lettuce yes, BLT roll very nice.

Thick tinned tomato Juice on a bacon teacake for me.

i used to go to a cafe with workmates there was two brothers that used to cover their food with everything the younger brother put so much vinegar on chips the smell used to burn your eyes, I once saw the older brother have gravy on his lasagne

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th October 2019, 9:05 AM

Tomato ketchup/sauce on a bacon roll for me, and that's mainly because I use streaky bacon. However there is some leeway for those who use back bacon, as I have sampled some with brown sauce and it works quite well with it, but not with crispy streaky. Brown sauce only on bangers. Worcester sauce on bangers not bacon, but only as an occasional change to brown sauce or English mustard. Ketchup on hotdogs. For spam fritters it's also ketchup only.

:S By the time you'd decided all that I reckon the food would be cold.