RIP Stephen Moore

Much underrated character actor, the father of Adrian Mole and the "awfully depressed" Marvin.

My favourite character from HHGG was also played by Moore-the Man in the Shack who rules the universe but cannot gets to see it as he is stuck in a shack in a frozen world with his cat called God.

Maybe it's good training for the afterlife?

RIP Stephen
(Rust in Peace ,Marvin)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 14th October 2019, 8:22 PM

My favourite character from HHGG was also played by Moore-the Man in the Shack who rules the universe but cannot gets to see it as he is stuck in a shack in a frozen world with his cat called God.

"My cat. I call him the Lord. I am kind to him." Is there some version where his shack is in a frozen world? The book and radio series have him on a desolate, muddy, rainy place.

Quote: Kenneth @ 15th October 2019, 5:19 AM

The book and radio series have him on a desolate, muddy, rainy place.

Sorry, I'm not as obsessed as you are. :P

A very understated actor he was the dad of Kevin the teenager Adrian Mole and the dad in the Queens nose he was excellent in hitchhikers as well as a lot of other radio.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 15th October 2019, 11:07 AM

Sorry, I'm not as obsessed as you are. :P

Accuracy is not obsession. Making stuff up is all very well, provided you're not purveying it as fact while claiming it to be a personal favourite.

Perusing an obituary, was interested to see Moore was in a 1975 BBC adaption (by Tom Stoppard) of Three Men in a Boat with Tim Curry and Michael Palin. Missing a few parts of the book, but like a whimsical, gentle extended version of upper-middle-class twits of the year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9xvrbfyKGQ