The Wrong Arm Of The Law (1963)

'Ennit amazing. You make a search of a film title, after I had my wrist slapped by Mr. Chappers for missing his thread on "Make Mine Mink", and it yields nowt.

SO, on TPTV and VERY enjoyable, and even though I am a massive fan of Peter Sellers, and also appearing were Bernard Cribbins, Bill Kerr, John Le Mesurier, Graham Stark, Arthur Mullard et al, AND the gorgeous Nanette Newman** - the star for me was Lionel Jeffries in this comedy crime caper "The Wrong Arm Of The Law".

** And when you see Nanette making love to Peter, it is little wonder he spent so much time in real life trying to get into her lingery (sic).

Also "appearing" were :-

Michael Caine ... Police Station PC (uncredited) !!!
Dick Emery ... Man in Flat 307 (uncredited)
Mario Fabrizi ... Van Driver (uncredited)
John Junkin ... Maurice (uncredited)
Dennis Price ... Educated Ernest (uncredited)
Cardew Robinson ... Mailman (uncredited)

It is very good but written by Galton and Simpson (amongst others) so no surprise there.
I can confuse this with Two Way Stretch if I'm not thinking properly.

That's because Old Nosey Parker was given to one of the greatest actors ever, so underestimated, I loved him in Two Way Stretch as well - almost the same team. But for me the best line in the film belongs to Nervous O'Toole where he has the seatbelt on in the back of a car that's doing 5mph and he shouts "Slow down, you'll kill us all!"

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th August 2019, 1:07 AM

It is very good but written by Galton and Simpson (amongst others) so no surprise there.
I can confuse this with Two Way Stretch if I'm not thinking properly.

Yes, which I forgot to mentch and yes, Inspector Nosey Parker and "his twin" Chief P.O. Crout.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 28th August 2019, 6:06 AM

That's because Old Nosey Parker was given to one of the greatest actors ever, so underestimated, I loved him in Two Way Stretch as well - almost the same team. But for me the best line in the film belongs to Nervous O'Toole where he has the seatbelt on in the back of a car that's doing 5mph and he shouts "Slow down, you'll kill us all!"

Yes, perfect and stole all the scenes he was in, even with Peter Sellers as said before. And love Bernard Cribbins in whatever he does - he was the best thing in Fawlty Towers' The Hotel Inspectors as the cutlery salesman.

Soapy Walters Jelly Knight and Strangeways the cat :)

Tie Breaker, and VAR has given me first place. :D