It was 50 years ago today.....................

..................that this iconic photo was taken and if you are in the area today, they are going to replicate it with a lookalike band at exactly the minute it was previously taken - sometime around 11.35 this morning.
This album cover sent the conspiracy theorists into hyper-drive, the main one being Paul was dead as he was dressed for a funeral (no shoes etc), was smoking a fag with his right hand (imposter) and the VW Beetle number plate 281F means Paul would have been 28 IF he was still alive...................there are others but it gets boring. Sleepy

For years there's been a live audio/video webcam pointed at the location. Every hour of the day you can watch tourists recreating the famous scene. It looks like there's quite a crowd already:

https://www.earthcam.com/world/england/london/abbeyroad/?cam=abbeyroad_uk

I've just checked out the WebCam and that Volkswagen is still there!

Quote: DaButt @ 8th August 2019, 10:26 AM

For years there's been a live audio/video webcam pointed at the location. Every hour of the day you can watch tourists recreating the famous scene. It looks like there's quite a crowd already:

https://www.earthcam.com/world/england/london/abbeyroad/?cam=abbeyroad_uk

54 million views! Keeps crashing, so no surprise there then. :(

Hmm.

I'm all for celebrating the Fab Four's contribution to ending all wars etc, but I'll bet those folks on the 139 hoping to catch trains from Waterloo didn't 'Dig It'.

Quote: Text Lexus @ 8th August 2019, 9:42 PM

Hmm.

I'm all for celebrating the Fab Four's contribution to ending all wars etc, but I'll bet those folks on the 139 hoping to catch trains from Waterloo didn't 'Dig It'.

And they couldn't even go upstairs to have a smoke.

Exactly ... although the bus probably caught fire of its own accord eventually.

Edit: no, I think they've fixed that problem haven't they?

I stumbled upon it years ago whilst looking for Lords.
No one on it then,not even me.I thought it would be a bit pathetic.

Quote: Text Lexus @ 8th August 2019, 9:42 PM

Hmm.

It wasn't as though it was a spontaneous thing, being known well in advance, so you would have thought the authorities would have got together (Oh, sorry - forgot they can't organise the proverbial) and closed the road and/or put up diversions.

It was bound to be insane! Effin' twats - police, council, government, wankers in grey suits, chinless wonders...................

Yes, the Powers That Be should have 'Come Together' to ensure public order and traffic flow (such as it is up that London) was maintained.

Isn't blocking a zebra crossing (or any pedestrian crossing for that matter) in such a way some sort of offence?

Quote: Text Lexus @ 9th August 2019, 1:01 AM

Isn't blocking a zebra crossing (or any pedestrian crossing for that matter) in such a way some sort of offence?

Well the lookalike band were a publicity stunt organised by the "official" London Beatles tour guide (yes, I didn't know either) and presumably would have got some sort of permission.

I can just see local plod taking up his note book all officious like and starting at the crossing and working his way outwards through the crowd.................."Now, you sir, your name and address please.............and you madam................and you young sir.............and..........................."

Quote: Text Lexus @ 9th August 2019, 1:01 AM

As offences go, it's not as bad as stabbing people in the street and the London police don't appear to be doing very much to stop that either.

(Little bit of politics there, ladies and gentlemen!)

About 50 years ago a letter came through the post box to say I had passed for the Grammar School.
I'm getting on - that school has been demolished.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th August 2019, 11:27 AM

About 50 years ago a letter came through the post box to say I had passed for the Grammar School.
I'm getting on - that school has been demolished.

YOU'RE GETTING ON! A mere child - how do you think I feel? Ill