Happy Golden Anniversary Page 2

Quote: Rood Eye @ 17th July 2019, 11:36 PM

Nowadays, almost everybody accepts that no government in the world would hesitate for a single moment to perpetrate any kind of deception upon mankind if it served their purposes and they thought they could get away with it.

Only in fiction and the minds of Reddit users do governments exist that are so competent that they can organise a watertight conspiracy. In reality, governments stumble from one disaster to another.

Quote: chipolata @ 18th July 2019, 11:47 AM

Only in fiction and the minds of Reddit users do governments exist that are so competent that they can organise a watertight conspiracy.

Having racked my brains and consulted all the major Internet search engines, I have no option but to admit that I can find no evidence of any government ever having organised a watertight conspiracy.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th July 2019, 12:07 PM

Having racked my brains and consulted all the major Internet search engines, I have no option but to admit that I can find no evidence of any government ever having organised a watertight conspiracy.

I'd be genuinely interested to hear about any conspiracies perpetrated by governments.

On this landing anniversary day....................

I think I've watched most of the documentaries, but the best one for sheer information has to be BBC4's "Chasing the Moon" but then that is only to be expected, considering it is 6 x 1-hour programmes (!) that I am working my way through via the digi-box.
The unseen films and audio recordings (even between Presidents and NASA) are incredible and I didn't know, for example, that Kennedy, when confronted by an enormous bill, approached Khrushchev to see if he wanted to share getting a man on the moon etc. AND according to Khrushchev's son (!) he wanted nothing to do with it because then America might learn some of the Soviet's plans.

Also, apparently there was a perfectly qualified black USAF pilot who had done everything else that the dozen or so candidates for space flight had done but was discreetly forgotten when the final team were selected. Quite a bit about him, including a very diplomatic interview when he was asked about why he wasn't picked. Times were so much different then of course, and it didn't help apparently that Congress had more Southern senators in it at that time..............................

..............and a lot of political shenanigans went on behind the scenes when deciding that it would be Houston as the place to base all future moon shots.

I look forward to watching episodes 4, 5 and 6 !!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0006vr4/chasing-the-moon

Online only (? :S) UKTV have this on the conspirators, and if you hear what they have to say, you can pick holes in their theories.

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/moon-landing-worlds-greatest-hoax/watch-online/?adfp=Newsletter-UktvPlay_NewsletterLink_WhatsOnJuly_MoonLandingWorldsGreatestHoax&loginComplete=true&accountType=Email