On the move Page 2

I think its becoming a real minefield as the transgender and binary aspects etc etc are very complex and fraught with easily perceived slights.
Once stuff gets like that producers are wary of getting embroiled in something that has such potential to cause outrage (8 People on Twitter)
Its getting that way that its hard not to upset someone and if you did manage to achieve that you'd get called sterile.

In this day and age?
I often used to work in Brighton and we always went to a cafe for breakfast (the seahorse cafe) run by two outlandish gay men.
They also did a drag act at night.
It was great fun, with lots of jokes. They always had the place in uproar.
Any good looking customers were always promised an extra egg etc.
It was breakfast with a cabaret

Mind you, I've got a gay cartoon strip in Private Eye, so things are looking up!

Beaky I have no doubt that your stuff will resonate with the masses my point is more a case of ten tweets being able to alter minds, how fickle is that?
I like the premise and the location so I'd deffo watch it if you get it on mate .

If only, Teddy!

Have you considered throwing a zombie in? They seem to get deals over the line.

Haha!

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 9th July 2019, 9:19 PM

Have you considered throwing a zombie in? They seem to get deals over the line.

GayZombies
The Mincing Dead
(Mortally) Wounded Pride

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th July 2019, 4:45 PM

I would definitely avoid Stoke-on-Trent - a city I've always found dark and gloomy. And, something I have in common with Albert Steptoe, my sister lives there.

I think I would plump for Windsor. A picturesque stretch of river by which to relax, a nice theatre, plenty of tea shops, lots of nearby Thameside towns & villages to visit, easily accessible for London for days & evenings out and close to several racecourses. Yes, I've rather talked myself into it. Just popping out to the Estate agent now.

It's nice to visit for a few hours but bloody noisy to live in. I don't know how the Queen puts up with all those jumbo jets sailing a few feet overhead. And you've got Slough on your doorstep!

Quote: beaky @ 9th July 2019, 8:19 PM

Thanks, both! It's set in a gay pub. People seem a bit nervous about the gay theme, though...

I see an advert board outside;

"This Friday Rural Sci-Fi night
Trans-farmers - "Robots in these guys"

All suggestions welcome!

Quote: beaky @ 10th July 2019, 12:23 AM

All suggestions welcome!

You really shouldn't offer that around hereLaughing out loud

I bet Beakys new sitcom is spot on, its more about what those in power see as 'Output' as it rarely gels with what people want or can relate to .

I always used to love Bristol - that was back in the 80's mind.
I worked there once a year on the World Wine Fair (booze for man and dog)
At that time 'Bristols' was a popular euphemism and I could see why.
There were lots of well built girls.

As an aside, I was offered a tiny glass of Chateau Lafite 1933 in return for a favour.
I say glass, there wasn't more than a cap full. He hovered telling me it was over £1000 a bottle
and I would be in heaven when I tasted it.
I necked it in one and said very nice. (tasted like coop red)
I could see in his eyes he was thinking philistine.

What is it with you Yorkshire folk and Chateau Lafite ?