A Weekend With Lulu

A Weekend With Lulu. Image shows from L to R: Timothy Grey (Leslie Phillips), Deirdre Bell (Shirley Eaton), Florrie Bell (Irene Handl). Copyright: Hammer Film Productions.

A Weekend With Lulu

The wild adventures of four characters who set out by caravan for a weekend on the coast, but end up in France

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Tuesday 9th July 2019, 12:19am
  • England
  • 15,566 posts

Big fan of Bob Monkhouse, but comedy actor he ain't I'm sorry to say and the only saving grace in this was Irene Handl.

Almost like a Carry On film and made worse by not having the Carry On stalwarts in it. For example I'm sure Barbara Windsor would have made a better job of it than Shirley Eaton. Having said that, I've just realised that Sid James had a small part in it, and Kenneth Connor an even smaller part.

Apparently the last film of tiny Edie Martin - "Too Many Crooks" and "The Lady Killers" most notably.

Poor.

Billy Bunter

• Tuesday 9th July 2019, 9:08am
  • The Sussex Coast, England
  • 777 posts

Watched this on TPTV last week. Was quite looking forward to it, having seen the plot and the cast. A little disappointed but, like you, thought Irene Handl was the best part of it.

Aaron

• Tuesday 9th July 2019, 11:34am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,275 posts

I really enjoyed this one. Would have been even better with some more regular Carry On faces, but I found it really entertaining and laughed a lot.

Off-topic post by Hercules Grytpype Thynne on Tue 9th Jul 2019, 12:14

Oh sorry Aaron! Done it again putting this under "Films" sub. "This is the forum in which to discuss British comedy films", should have started this thread under "General Discussion" of course. :$

Off-topic post by Aaron on Tue 9th Jul 2019, 12:52

I know - but it's still off topic! :)

Off-topic post by Hercules Grytpype Thynne on Tue 9th Jul 2019, 15:38

I'll say this about you Aaron, you are very fair, not many would grey themselves out. :D

Text Lexus

• Thursday 11th July 2019, 8:37pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 66 posts

The title of this thread is misleading. Had assumed it was a competition :-(

john tregorran

• Thursday 11th July 2019, 9:09pm
  • mornington,victoria, Australia
  • 85 posts

Yes,I thought it was going to be about two days with a feisty female from Glasgow.

Billy Bunter

• Thursday 11th July 2019, 9:40pm
  • The Sussex Coast, England
  • 777 posts
Quote: john tregorran @ 11th July 2019, 9:09 PM

Yes,I thought it was going to be about two days with a feisty female from Glasgow.

Let's pretend...

Text Lexus

• Thursday 11th July 2019, 10:10pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 66 posts

Yep... we were "Boom Bang-a-Bang" WRONG :-)