What A Crazy World

OK, it was great to see a very young Joe Brown, Marty Wilde and sexy Susan Maughan but other than that it was SO dated. It is of my period but there is no way I would have paid to go and see this when it was released.

I'm sorry, but pop films of this era British or American just look like something the local school threw together with an 8mm cine camera.

The only thing I like to watch this type of film for is to see the cars of this period when I bought my first one.

I thought at first you were talking about a Joe Brown film that's been on the TV here.
But it was Three Hats For Lisa. That was pretty grim too. It had Sid in it though, singing and dancing :)

Oh, thanks for that - I look forward to seeing it on TV over here Whistling nnocently, and see how long I can stand watching it. As it was with this one, I only managed to get to the bitter end by fast forwarding the corny songs.

Oh I love Three Hats For Lisa! Lovely, fun film. Not a pop jukebox musical thing though, but a comedy that has a few song and dance numbers in. The kind of thing Hercules is referring to is film producers just stuffing a load of 60s pop acts into a film in order to try to capitalise on the success of the era's music scene. I've yet to see one I didn't find pretty appalling.

Gonks Go Beat is a particularly curious example - with some genuine, A-list comedy talent starring.

(I'm afraid What A Crazy World isn't actually a comedy though, so will have to move this thread.)

Quote: Aaron @ 9th July 2019, 11:19 AM

(I'm afraid What A Crazy World isn't actually a comedy though, so will have to move this thread.)

Oh...........I just put it under films, now if the heading said "Comedy Films"..........................Whistling nnocently :D

It was an ickle bit funny though if all you'd seen previously was CBBC.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th July 2019, 11:27 AM

Oh...........I just put it under films, now if the heading said "Comedy Films"..........................Whistling nnocently :D

Films but within the Comedy section. And with the forum description: "This is the forum in which to discuss British comedy films." :P

Quote: Aaron @ 9th July 2019, 11:37 AM

Films but within the Comedy section. And with the forum description: "This is the forum in which to discuss British comedy films." :P

I am old you know. Teary

I love that film. Seen it on You Tube and I think I've mentioned it on another thread.