Festivals

It's that time of year again when people of all ages pitch up a tent in a field for a few days to soak up some sun, boogie on down, get rat-arsed and maybe have some of the old ganja. If that's your thing.

What festivals have you been to and any interesting stories? I went to Greenbelt twice in the 90s with some school mates after we had finished GCSEs. The first year we were in a caravan in a far corner well out the way of all the action but the next year we managed to wangle a spot on a main path so every day there were thousands of people walking past the caravan. I don't remember the music that much but we watched a seminar type thing with Cliff Richard. It was also the first time I saw a girl with a beard.

None. I hate the thought of them. I hate hippy or alternative lifestyle smelly bastards.

Is that alternative to you Will? Personally I've got time for these type of people as they normally want peace and a nice environment for all. Ok they may be a tad woolly but they have tolerance.
That's much better than suspiciously clean types who seem to know whats best for them not us and don't tolerate any deviance from that .

You are right Teddy, alternative to me. I recognise that but (stereotyping alert) they are either militant and smelly or drippy and smelly.

My daughter went to one a few years back. She came back dirty and smelly saying she had wet wipe washes and wee'd in a field.
Joe Swash was in the tent next to hers and he scrounged provisions all week.
Fair makes you want to go eh.

Its an age thing Ste , at my age on a Sunday morning I don't want to wake up in tent and have bag of Quavers and a can of coke for my breakfast and then watch god knows who singing god knows what till the Big Acts start.
I want my porridge chopped apple and Blueberries watching Andrew Marr , although a Sunday morning spliff is up there with the things I like to do best so there's still a little rebel left in me.

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th July 2019, 11:10 AM

None. I hate the thought of them. I hate hippy or alternative lifestyle smelly bastards.

Will's idea of a concert - the man has class. :D

Festivals are a lot different to the days of Woodstock and full of bandana wearing tree huggers and some people even go glamping by hiring a motorhome or staying in a hotel for the course of the festival. I don't like tents and sleeping on the ground so the caravan made life a lot more comfortable at Greenbelt. In hindsight a Christian festival wasn't the rockout weekend we had hoped for but it was still a great atmos. You just need good weather and to be wary of thieves.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th July 2019, 4:21 PM

Will's idea of a concert - the man has class. :D

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud