Wimbledon 2019 Page 2

Having reached the fourth round of this year's Wimbledon, Coco is guaranteed at least £176,000 in winnings.

That's enough to buy a lot of burgers, a lot of chips and a whole lot of strawberries - even at Wimbledon prices.

It's all right for some! Laughing out loud

Federer vs Nadal in the semis.

Go Roger, go!

And what a match it was.

Brilliant match. Brilliant result.

It's just a damn shame he didn't become English by marrying Beatrice or Eugenie.

Brilliant match!
Whatever Roger is on, I want some - GB, what's this Swiss elixir?

Toblerone. he's always munching one in between shots. Good player, very good sportsman with a model temperament and the world loves him. That's why I'm a Djokovijk, Dockovic Dvokov...that's why I'm a Novak fan. Got all those titles in the shadow of Federer and Nadal and you wouldn't know it by the lack of hype he gets. Moody, doesn't love the camera the way Federer does but I think he's as good if not better tennis player with the most incredible reflexes ever. If he's at his best he'll have Roger on a string on Sunday.

Where are the frilly knickers for the women players?
Those long legged spandex ones hide nothing - nothing.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th July 2019, 7:47 AM

Toblerone. he's always munching one in between shots. Good player, very good sportsman with a model temperament and the world loves him. That's why I'm a Djokovijk, Dockovic Dvokov...that's why I'm a Novak fan. Got all those titles in the shadow of Federer and Nadal and you wouldn't know it by the lack of hype he gets. Moody, doesn't love the camera the way Federer does but I think he's as good if not better tennis player with the most incredible reflexes ever. If he's at his best he'll have Roger on a string on Sunday.

Dockovic had the misfortune to be playing in an era with two slightly greater players.

Quote: chipolata @ 13th July 2019, 10:42 PM

Dockovic had the misfortune to be playing in an era with two slightly greater players.

Although Dockovic is likely to win tomorrow.

Serena lost ,GOOD!
I don't like her.

She should learn from Roger.Gracious in victory and defeat.(not that he loses very often)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th July 2019, 10:02 AM

Where are the frilly knickers for the women players?
Those long legged spandex ones hide nothing - nothing.

I think the ladies should play with no knickers - none. Rolling eyes

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th July 2019, 11:18 PM

I think the ladies should play with no knickers - none. Rolling eyes

Yes - that could be done in tennis but it would lead to confusion in golf.

I thought it was all lovely today. Like England used to be. Historical. Traditional. Embracing change in moderation. All my best friends from the 1970s turning up on the screen. My wife Tracy Austin who was born in the same week as me. And I was very won over to Ms Halep. As far as I am concerned, she can now take this country forward into the next decade.

Sad about Roger but what a final.

I was reminded of the greatest player of all time, Kitty Godfree.

Well, the greatest player of the many I coached including Roscoe Tanner, who wonderfully is no longer in prison, Garbine, extra curriculazatha, and Vitus Gerulaitis who sadly died young, and not without irony, from the illness Vitus Gerulaitis.

But, no, it will always be Kitty for me. To have been there with her when she was a mere teenager and then for her to have become my Nan following her success in two championships is something that will never be equalled. God rest her soul.

https://www.bigredbook.info/kitty_godfree.html

(Eamonn's odd look is on account of the pineapple I'd shoved up his posterior for elbowing in and making her frisky)

(I can recall it so vividly - It was just before he had the operation to become Dale Winton and did Supermarket Sweep)

Great final. A shame for Roger, but that's sport.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 1st July 2019, 4:02 PM

Nice to see the players wearing all white, as a contrast to all the other tournaments.

Absolutely spot on. Everything was so right about this tournament that it has lulled me into thinking that the world is alright again. I must have it on re-run 24/7 for the sake of my own sanity. There is a lot of unexpected nudism on this thread. I suppose I shouldn't complain or else I will be accused of nudismism when in truth I have never been nudistist.

Quote: chipolata @ 14th July 2019, 8:34 PM

Great final. A shame for Roger, but that's sport.

Yep - 'fraid so although Djoko has improved with age as a person and I don't mind him at all. He is a credit to his profession. There is one thing he still needs to learn. Cows chomp blades of grass. Human beings carefully put a hole in them with a needle and take them to their lips to play "She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain" as if on a piccolo.