Wimbledon 2019

Wimbledon hopefuls Kristyna and Karolina Pliskova.

Kristyna (left) is left-handed and ranked 95 in the world while Karolina (right) is right-handed and ranked 3.

These girls are identical twins so surely it must have occurred to left-handed Kristyna that, if she made the effort and held the racket in her right hand, she could be joint 3rd in the world?

Stubborn, or what? Laughing out loud

Isn't it against women's tennis rules for players to pose in such a provocatively feminine way?
And twins!!

Nice to see the players wearing all white, as a contrast to all the other tournaments.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 1st July 2019, 4:02 PM

Nice to see the players wearing all white, as a contrast to all the other tournaments.

What are you talking about, they're bollock-naked!
;)

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st July 2019, 11:59 AM

Wimbledon hopefuls Kristyna and Karolina Pliskova.

Kristyna (left) is left-handed and ranked 95 in the world while Karolina (right) is right-handed and ranked 3.

These girls are identical twins so surely it must have occurred to left-handed Kristyna that, if she made the effort and held the racket in her right hand, she could be joint 3rd in the world?

Stubborn, or what? Laughing out loud

Are they conjoined?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 1st July 2019, 4:02 PM

Surely that's racist.

This Gauff girl is definitely going to be a champion soon.

She's got such an icy look and lack of emotion.

Yippee, Stan Wawrinka survived the first round!

Coco Gauff (15) disposed of Venus Williams (39) yesterday and is set to earn $1 million this year from endorsements.

The girl done good, no doubt about it!

Karolina Pliskova plays Monica Puig in the second round of the Ladies' Singles today.

They're on Centre Court at 1 pm.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 3rd July 2019, 11:07 AM

Karolina Pliskova plays Monica Puig in the second round of the Ladies' Singles today.

They're on Centre Court at 1 pm.

Karolina wins 6-0, 6-4.

I like the look of Karolina - both north and south! Laughing out loud

There's cricket on, tennis is taking a back seat.

Coco Gauff (still only 15) came back almost from the dead today, saving two match points, to win against Polona Hercog.

She got the action, she got the motion
Yeah, the girl can play
Dedication, devotion
Turning all the night time into the day!

Go! Go Coco!

Hmm, isn't this what The All Consolidated Tennis thread is for? I'm another who thinks the site looks very untidy with so many unneeded new splinter threads. Cross face.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd July 2019, 8:57 AM

Coco Gauff (15) disposed of Venus Williams (39) yesterday and is set to earn $1 million this year from endorsements.

Nice to see a proper handshake for a change. I hate all these upside down ones all tossers do to look cool. I refuse to use them.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd July 2019, 8:57 AM

Did she have a choice? Pulled out of her cot at age one and a half hours to practise her serve using a lollipop and a Malteser. Yes her parents have got a nice pension fund now.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th July 2019, 9:43 AM

Hmm, isn't this what The All Consolidated Tennis thread is for? I'm another who thinks the site looks very untidy with so many unneeded new splinter threads. Cross face.

Nice to see a proper handshake for a change. I hate all these upside down ones all tossers do to look cool. I refuse to use them.

Did she have a choice? Pulled out of her cot at age one and a half hours to practise her serve using a lollipop and a Malteser. Yes her parents have got a nice pension fund now.

Cynical bastard! Why am I laughing?

Apparently, hamburger and (a few) chips costs £18 at Wimbledon this year.

Strangely, nobody appears to be complaining about the absolutely ridiculous price - although a great many people are complaining that, for such a price, they deserve more chips!

Don't even mention the strawberries!