Countdown Conundrum (spoiler alert!)

I've watched Countdown on and off since it first started and, as many BCG members will know, each episode ends with players having to unscramble an anagram - known as the Countdown conundrum.

I've often failed to unscramble the anagram but I've never in my life failed to recognise the word once the letters have been put back into the correct order.

I think almost every other Countdown viewer would say the same.

Imagine my surprise therefore when today's solution turned out to be "tabbouleh".

Never in my life have I ever seen that word but apparently it's a Levantine vegetarian salad made mostly of finely chopped parsley, with tomatoes, mint, onion, bulgur, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

You live and learn (as they say). Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th June 2019, 3:02 PM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud................................:|

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th June 2019, 3:02 PM

I've watched Countdown on and off since it first started and, as many BCG members will know, each episode ends with players having to unscramble an anagram - known as the Countdown conundrum.

I've often failed to unscramble the anagram but I've never in my life failed to recognise the word once the letters have been put back into the correct order.

I think almost every other Countdown viewer would say the same.

Imagine my surprise therefore when today's solution turned out to be "tabbouleh".

Never in my life have I ever seen that word but apparently it's a Levantine vegetarian salad made mostly of finely chopped parsley, with tomatoes, mint, onion, bulgur, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Where on earth have you been? Obviously not Earth but another planet.

I'm watching "Celebrity Gogglebox" and several celebrities are simultaneously watching the contestants trying to guess this conundrum.

When the answer was revealed, Kate Robbins (watching with her daughter Emily Atack) was amazed, saying she'd never heard of the word.

I'm pretty sure Kate knows her way around a kitchen and so I don't feel quite so bad about my own tabbouleh-free existence. Laughing out loud

I've never heard of it either.

At my nephew's last Christmas, I was asked to pass the guacamole. I had to ask what it looked like.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th July 2019, 4:30 PM

Thank God for that! I now feel vindicated.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th July 2019, 4:30 PM

At my nephew's last Christmas, I was asked to pass the guacamole. I had to ask what it looked like.

For goodness sake Billy. Everyone knows it's a ......... mole.......that's been........guacaled.

When I was on my Conundrum was IRANGRANT
I lost the game but got the conundrum