Network's "British Film Comedy the 50s" box-set

Yes, title looks odd, but that's what it says on the sleeve of this small boxset of four films, and that is not the only thing I found odd............

As some of you will know, my wife and I love our post-war British films and so our son bought this for us last Christmas, but I think I need to report Network to the Trade Description people.

"FOUR HILARIOUS COMEDIES" Excuse me...........hilarious? In what way?

OK, the first one "Happy Is the Bride" was quite good, but that was probably more down to the cast of Ian Carmichael, Cecil Parker, Joyce Grenfell and Terry-Thomas.

As for the other three - what a load of dire, boring, unfunny dross!!
"INTO THE BLUE" "FATHER'S DOING FINE" and "THE MARCH HARE" - don't bother, but I bet there's someone out there that loves one of them!! :D

Not heard of any of them.

Not surprised. If I'd have gone to the cinema to see them, I would have walked out and demanded my money back.

Funnily enough, this very morning I had my daily e-mail from Amazon with their "new recommendations for you based on your browsing history" containing this very box set. I thought that looks interesting; I must investigate further. Now I won't bother. So thanks for the heads-up.

You're welcome Billy and glad to be of service and saving you money.............BUT..............shudder.............heads up? Oh dear, hate to see these Americanisms creeping in (even with BBC announcers - Grrrr!!) when we have a perfectly suitable phrase of say "thanks for giving me the nod"

fades into the distance whistling Land of Hope and Glory....................................