Britain's Got Talent?

Last night, an 89-year-old Chelsea Pensioner won Britain's Got Talent 2019.

He pockets £250,000 and a place on the Royal Variety Performance.

Has a star been born?

Judge for yourself here: https://youtu.be/_5CPJHyg95M

First time I've seen it. And I haven't seen any of the other acts so I can't compare. But clearly the emotion, the background and the accompanying effects that won it for him (together with the upcoming anniversary of D-Day). But then special effects, timing, being in tune with your audience - that's what show-biz is all about. There's a lot of talented people out there who haven't made it because they don't have the charismatic performance to take it that one step further.

I refer you to a post I made earlier on the subject.
And my summing up.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd June 2019, 9:48 AM

I refer you to a post I made earlier on the subject.
And my summing up.

You weren't wrong, Stephen.

You weren't wrong. Laughing out loud

I think they have milked the talent dry.
There have in the past been some world class stars but I think it needs resting for a year or two.
There has been a bit of a squabble and ooh ha on Facebook and Twitter with a ventriloquist that says he was unfairly treat.
He says the producers made him change his act completely leading to an embarrassing situation with Simon Cowell.
In truth, he too was very poor. He did the act that Nina Conte does with a fake mouth except she is brilliant and he couldnt even speak properly. (e.g. Nunny for mummy)

He lost and is now moaning so it sounds like sour grapes. I've not watched it since the first series because it's all set up and anyone who wants a career in performing should avoid these talent shows like the plague. They are described as 'entertainment shows' because it's not about the contestants it's about viewing figures.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd June 2019, 10:16 AM

There has been a bit of a squabble and ooh ha on Facebook and Twitter with a ventriloquist that says he was unfairly treat.

Was it the ventriloquist or the dummy?

Did anyone see the earlier contestant who was a children's entertainer by profession and a bit like an Essex Tommy Cooper?

I thought he was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBxnW3J9lFM

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd June 2019, 11:06 PM

Did anyone see the earlier contestant who was a children's entertainer by profession and a bit like an Essex Tommy Cooper?

I thought he was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBxnW3J9lFM

I thought he was far better than any children's entertainer I've seen before: he was well up to the standard required for entertaining discerning adult comedy fans.

The strange thing was that when he asked to borrow Amanda's shoe, she warned him to be careful because the shoe represented a week's wages.

I'm not sure exactly whose week's wages she was talking about but she earns about £150 per hour 24/7 from BGT whether she's awake or asleep: on that basis, the Louboutin shoes she was wearing cost her only about 4½ hours wages.

Perhaps she's related to Diane Abbott?

PS. I'm sure most BCG members would be thrilled to bits if they earned £150 every hour of every day of every month but even that very healthy income is nothing compared to Simon Cowell's: he earns £11,000 every hour of every day of every month. :O

Quote: Rood Eye @ 3rd June 2019, 11:43 PM

I thought he was far better than any children's entertainer I've seen before: he was well up to the standard required for entertaining discerning adult comedy fans.

The strange thing was that when he asked to borrow Amanda's shoe, she warned him to be careful because the shoe represented a week's wages.

I'm not sure exactly whose week's wages she was talking about but she earns about £150 per hour 24/7 from BGT whether she's awake or asleep: on that basis, the Louboutin shoes she was wearing cost her only about 4½ hours wages.

Perhaps she's related to Diane Abbott?

PS. I'm sure most BCG members would be thrilled to bits if they earned £150 every hour of every day of every month but even that very healthy income is nothing compared to Simon Cowell's: he earns £11,000 every hour of every day of every month. :O

Quite.

Do you think he has had his lips done?