Selective Feminism?

In this modern day and age, it seems the world and his wife (especially his wife!) are extremely keen that men and women should be treated equally and without regard for gender.

That is, of course, until it comes to deciding who is to pay the bill in a restaurant after a meal for two.

In such a situation, it appears that both the man and the woman are keen that the man should pay.

I think most BCG members will have watched the TV show "First Dates" in which mostly-heterosexual couples who are strangers to each are brought together for a meal in a swish restaurant.

At the end of the meal, when the bill is dropped on the table, the man almost invariably insists on paying and the woman almost invariably either accepts his offer immediately or puts up an embarrassingly weak show of resistance before caving in and allowing him to pay the bill - which is usually well in excess of £100.

Strange, is it not, in this modern very much pro-feminism day and age that such an arrangement should be one with which both men and women appear deliriously happy?

How can feminism tolerate such a state of affairs?

We women aren't daft, you know.Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

I think Rood that you've already said you're not into this dating lark nowadays. I find that it is more equal.

Traditional (pre-feminism) dating works on the principle that the man pays for all the drinks and then, later on, it's time for the woman to chip in her half of the entertainment.

Not my words, snowflakes - the words of Robert Monkhouse, comedian extraordinaire!

Clearly, in my younger days I've taken women out for drinks and meals in the hope and expectation that they were subscribers to Bob's philosophy. Some were and some weren't but - hey ho! Swings and roundabouts.

Today, of course, I look at things very differently. Netflix is absolutely marvellous and it costs just £8 per month. On that basis, a pleasant few hours in a pub or restaurant with an attractive woman starts to look expensive once the bill gets past 5p.

I think I'll stay at home.

You need to read some good books. Laughing out loud

I once took a girl out to a pub and after buying three rounds I mentioned it was her round next.
She was affronted and said the man always pays.
While I was at the bar getting the fourth, she asked the barman to change a tenner into pound coins.
She put the lot in the slot machine.
My weekly rent back then was a tenner.

I never saw her face when she came back to the table to find both drinks supped and me gone.

Just think of all that money you saved from escaping early on. Sounds like she had a problem with the bandits. Regardless of it being a date or female mate if I'm out with someone I expect costs to be shared to an extent. I'm not a penny pincher but it would be too rude for this dude if they think I'm bank rolling an evening out. The idea they expect all expenses paid because of the *ahem* intimate scenes later would make it even more of a turn off. I am in no way suggesting all women will let a man pay for everything on that basis but some do and I prefer someone with more independence and especially more tact when it comes down to money.

I once went to a work meal with a female colleague and as we arrived I offered to buy her a drink at the bar before joining everyone who were sitting at a table. For a pint of lager and glass of wine I got few coppers change out of a tenner and I made a comment about how expensive it was. She didn't look too impressed with my moaning. I wasn't expecting a drink in return but did I get an offer of a drink in return. Did I....

Whenever my girlfriend and I eat out, I pay. ALWAYS. It just feels right, and anyway, what's a Big Mac between friends?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 1st June 2019, 11:51 AM

Whenever my girlfriend and I eat out, I pay. ALWAYS. It just feels right, and anyway, what's a Big Mac between friends?

Bit mean though sharing one like Lady & The Tramp with their spaghetti.

None of this thread applies to me.

All I can say really is that I'm just the average 17 year old vegan woman who finds anything green on my fork repulsive.

My mouth can just about do peas but I have to swallow them one by one with water like I'm having a disprin.

I miss a lot of meals. It isn't all bad though. It frees me up to suck random cocks daily at the local building site without additional worries about who's paying.

Peas are bloody boring.

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd June 2019, 8:20 PM

Peas are bloody boring.

Not if you are a man with a lot of time on your hands and no intimate companion.

Laughing out loud
You should try hanging out with sprouts, there's more to them.

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd June 2019, 7:50 AM

Laughing out loud
You should try hanging out with sprouts, there's more to them.

I do.

Actually, you should get my book "Legume Play for the Experimental Male".

It is divided into three chapters - 1, Mushy 2. Frozen 3. Perfectly Formed.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd June 2019, 11:23 AM

1, Mushy 2. Frozen 3. Perfectly Formed.

That reminds me of the method I used for making false teeth out of beetroot . I was going to a fancy dress party as a vampire. My date still isn't talking to me due to the stubborn stains.