Negative Divisions

The closure of critique and the advent of Brexit is not helping these pages at all. In fact in my last few visits I have been left thinking that this site is forgetting its purpose, comedy.
I know not everything has to be facile and that people have serious opinions they like to express. But for me this place is becoming dark, angry and polarised.
So lets get back to tolerance of both sides and have a care of your fellow poster. I know that's rich coming from me of all people but I like a lot of posters on here and I respect them. Sadly this dark shit is carving the site up and creating 'Sides' and that's putting me off visiting.
I respect every person who voted Leave and I am sure that their reasons were relevant to them so I can hardly be offended by a person being true to themselves.
I'm not saying it should be sweetness and light but for f**ks sake at least make it more funny than angry because otherwise this site will become just another internet shouting shop.
So I'll set the ball rolling by wishing Liverpool FC well in their final and anyone who knows me knows that was a f**king killer.Because as a blue I won't even have a tomato in the house. So if I can do that then others can reach out and lets get back to hating each other for various reasons instead of just the one .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 30th May 2019, 1:29 PM

The closure of critique and the advent of Brexit is not helping these pages at all. In fact in my last few visits I have been left thinking that this site is forgetting its purpose, comedy.
I know not everything has to be facile and that people have serious opinions they like to express. But for me this place is becoming dark, angry and polarised.

I agree that it's nowhere near as much fun as it used to be to visit. Just a collection of angry people venting about their hobby horses. Visiting some threads is like getting kicked repeatedly in the head by a gang of dogmatists (and I get enough of that when I visit my relatives). Which is sad, because Britain and this forum before Brexit had more of a sense of humour and perspective about everything.

On the plus side, I'm spending way more time writing than visiting sites like this!

Nice to hear that your creative flow is on the go Chip, that has to be a plus.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 30th May 2019, 2:07 PM

Nice to hear that your creative flow is on the go Chip, that has to be a plus.

You wouldn't say that if you read the play I started last week about a sentient cloud!

Typical comment from a fachist remainer.

You wait till me and the Bastard Squad take over Huddersfield , we'll set you Yorkshire lot straight, For a start you all have to start speaking English.

The thread title had me thinking Pink Floyd were bringing out another album. Sadly, now I'm concerned about the lack of tomatoes in Liverpool. I'll second Teddy's sentiment, we should be more respectful even if the flavour of the year is division.

Teddy knew I was joking... Just to clarify.

Of course I knew but it sort of proves my point about the way things are going on here. It feels like everyone is sat in a state of cat like readiness waiting to be offended
I was sad to see Huddersfield go down mate, they were a guaranteed 6 points.

I don't know why everything seems divisive because we've had a couple of wonderful unbeatable sitcoms this year in Warren and Ghosts!

Quote: Chappers @ 30th May 2019, 10:34 PM

I don't know why everything seems divisive because we've had a couple of wonderful unbeatable sitcoms this year in Warren and Ghosts!

But we all hate each other. I've just heard it on Question Time so it must be true. At the moment I particularly hate the rep of Brexit who gives the impression she doesn't know what a brain is, since she's obviously never had one.

I don't believe critique closed because of Brexit. It's more to do with creating BCG Pro.

There is nothing wrong with healthy debate but the problem is that too many people these days are no longer interested in partaking in such a thing and, instead, just resort to profanity and abuse if they disagree with someone else's point of view.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st May 2019, 10:18 AM

too many people these days . . . resort to profanity and abuse if they disagree with someone else's point of view.

Stop talking blanking blank, you blankety blanking blank!

(See what I did there?) Laughing out loud

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st May 2019, 10:18 AM

There is nothing wrong with healthy debate but the problem is that too many people these days are no longer interested in partaking in such a thing and, instead, just resort to profanity and abuse if they disagree with someone else's point of view.

Piss off!