Boris in the dock - facing life imprisonment! Page 3

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th May 2019, 2:50 PM

But on the separate point, it is of course the case that any campaign is not responsible

Fixed it for you.

But didn't everyone think that Boris would be PM, not May? So leavers would listen to him?

Boris fans can now relax: the case against him has been thrown out.

Judges in the High Court today took less than five minutes to decide the case against Boris was a load of bollocks and it should not be allowed to proceed.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 7th June 2019, 5:43 PM

Boris fans can now relax: the case against him has been thrown out.

Judges in the High Court today took less than five minutes to decide the case against Boris was a load of bollocks.

So are you expecting Boris to have a long premiership now?

No, they only allow 20 teams.

I don't like him and hope he doesn't become PM but I had a feeling this wouldn't get very far. It's all been a big waste of crowd funding cash that will have been donated by some because they dislike Boris rather than strong feeling he should be brought to justice for wrongdoing. The timing of it is also dubious.

I was reading the wiki page on Boris Johnson today which is about as exiting as my lunch breaks get and I skipped most of it but this was an interesting section at the end of the page:

In The Economist's 2018 end-of-the-year awards for the worst in British politics, Johnson received the highest award. The "politician who has done most to let down his party and country".

The Economist described Johnson as one of the architects of the Brexit "catastrophe",

"In a big field, there was one outstanding candidate. He failed miserably as foreign secretary. He sniped at Mrs May while in Cabinet. He has agitated against her deal from the backbenches and in his lucrative newspaper column without presenting a real alternative. A demagogue not a statesman, he is the most irresponsible politician the country has seen for many years".

I kind of hope he gets PM just to watch the Brexit poison he helped create destroy him like it destroys everything it touches.

Quote: chipolata @ 7th June 2019, 9:36 PM

I kind of hope he gets PM just to watch the Brexit poison he helped create destroy him like it destroys everything it touches.

What's poisonous about Brexit?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th June 2019, 10:02 PM

What's poisonous about Brexit?

It's very existence.

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th June 2019, 10:19 PM

It's very existence.

Nah. It's like paradise on the horizon.

You are kind of saying the same thing. Have you ever tried to sail towards the horizon?

All this case did was confirm how biased some of our judges are read that as also unfit for their role. The judgement to send this to trial and the Gina Miller case judgement were passed to stop Brexit despite Brexit being voted for by the British public. In the past this would have caused a civil war, or at least a bad judge or two being caught and hanged while trying to escape to France via the Thames.

If this case was successful then Blair, Campbell, Clegg and others would be facing prison for their lies, in fact the whole of parliament would have to be moved to Parkhurst. Christ there are some bad losers about aren't there.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th June 2019, 5:55 AM

You are kind of saying the same thing. Have you ever tried to sail towards the horizon?

I see your point but, if something is on the horizon and one's intention is to reach that something rather than to reach the ever-receding horizon itself, it's a relatively short journey - less than 3 miles in a small boat.

Always look on the bright side of sailing towards the horizon!

Quote: Chappers @ 7th June 2019, 10:23 PM

Nah. It's like paradise on the horizon.

:O

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th June 2019, 8:42 AM

All this case did was confirm how biased some of our judges are read that as also unfit for their role. The judgement to send this to trial and the Gina Miller case judgement were passed to stop Brexit despite Brexit being voted for by the British public. In the past this would have caused a civil war, or at least a bad judge or two being caught and hanged while trying to escape to France via the Thames.

I love how much you guys hate Gina Miller! It's almost like there are certain aspects of her that really push some peoples buttons. Laughing out loud

Although she's pretty harmless and hasn't done nearly as much to stop Brexit as Brexit supporting ERG members.

Gina Miller's a breath of fresh air as opposed to windbag Boris's hot air.

Gina Miller (née Gina Nadira Singh), being of Indian descent, should understand better than most a nation's desire to be free from oppressive foreign rule.