Game of Bitter Disappointment

If there are any "Game of Thrones" fans who have recorded but not yet watched the finale episode, I strongly advise them to delete it because it is the dullest 80 minutes ever broadcast in the history of television.

I've watched every episode of this epic series and, on the whole, it's been absolutely bloody marvellous: the finale episode, however, is the biggest televisual disappointment it has ever been my misfortune to experience.

Improbable plot developments and woefully inept dialogue-writing made it difficult to keep watching but the sheer dullness of the episode as it plodded on and on and on made it almost impossible to keep watching.

If I hadn't already watched every single minute of it since the first moment of episode one, I would have turned it off in disgust.

In short, the finale episode is a load of boring and very badly-written bollocks.

The situation is a bit like like Brexit, no matter what the final solution is, it would disappoint half of the audience.

More or less than half actually.
:)

I've not seen an episode yet because I don't get Sky channels but almost everyone I work with rave about it every day. I'll have to check it out eventually because I'm a fan of The Elder Scrolls games and all that dragons, iron mongers and big feasts in front of a giant fireplace with rows of Mead glugging peasants lore stuff.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th May 2019, 11:22 PM

I've not seen an episode yet because I don't get Sky channels but almost everyone I work with rave about it every day. I'll have to check it out eventually because I'm a fan of The Elder Scrolls games and all that dragons, iron mongers and big feasts in front of a giant fireplace with rows of Mead glugging peasants lore stuff.

Now TV has all 8 series currently.
Well worth a binge!

Damned if they do...?

Quote: garyd @ 20th May 2019, 11:32 PM

Now TV has all 8 series currently.
Well worth a binge!

Damned if they do...?

Cheers but that looks like it needs broadband and I live in the dark ages with a 10Gb a month cap :D I really should look at upgrading. I'll get series One from CEX at some point but I might be put off if everyone keeps harping on about it. Today they were debating the death of one of the character and I only remember it was female because I don't want to remember the names or it will spoil it.

It just had a massive pacing problem
Very slow at first, and then too quick as it rushed to wrap up, which is a shame as a lot of it was fantastic telly, I really loved it most of the way through