You currently have an old avatar...

George Kaplan

• Monday 20th May 2019, 1:37pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 4,361 posts

You currently have an old avatar, support for which will end at the end of May. Please upload a new one.

Am getting these messages on the forums.

Has something changed? Do I need to upload it differently from last time around?

Chappers

• Monday 20th May 2019, 4:04pm [Edited]
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,027 posts

No idea what you're talking about.

Maybe it's something to do with copyright.

George Kaplan

• Monday 20th May 2019, 4:50pm
  • England
  • 4,361 posts
Quote: Aaron @ 20th May 2019, 4:47 PM

If you're seeing that message then yes, you need to upload a new one. You can do so here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/profile/

Not complaining, but just curious why the old one is no longer suitable, and if I need to upload the new one differently? Or can I just re-upload the old/current one?

Aaron

• Monday 20th May 2019, 5:12pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,244 posts

Some slightly boring and long-winded technical changes are the reason. Hundreds of people have are being alerted - it's not just you. The upload method is slightly different but hopefully not taxing!

Technically your current avatar breaks copyright rules, but generally speaking there is no reason that a user can't use the same image.

Billy Bunter

• Tuesday 21st May 2019, 2:25pm
  • The Sussex Coast, England
  • 720 posts

I too am getting that message. Unfortunately the link provided merely takes me to my profile page. It does not explain how I need to set about doing what is required.

There used to be a useful help page (or was it FAQs?) that explained how to do things like post a photo, attach a you tube clip, how to type in bold or italics, etc. That doesn't seem to be there any more.

Aaron

• Tuesday 21st May 2019, 2:33pm [Edited]
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,244 posts

There's an avatar section at the bottom of that page, which should be fairly self-explanatory.

The help page you're referring to is the BCG Code section, now embedded on every quote/reply page here in the forums. Just click the big blue BCG Code button to see it.