MotherFatherSon

New Richard Gere drama. Feels a bit vacuous in parts but it's kept me interested. Anyone else watching it?

Possibly the most awkward sex scene I've ever seen in episode one. I couldn't face watching it again!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th March 2019, 7:55 PM

GOOD WEEK - BAD WEEK

It's been a good week for TV drama as Richard Gere returns to the small screen in "MotherFatherSon" on BBC2.
However, it's been a bad week for families who watched the first episode together as many of them are still unable to look each other in the face.

The above gem failed to impress the folks at NewsJack but I quite like it, myself.

Does it seem like the beginning of a good story, though? I'm not really a fan of straight forward dramas. I remember the first episode of Sally4Ever jumping straight in with a proper eyeful of flesh. Should I watch it with my 29 year old son? He can't even cope with a brief mention of periods. Yeah...probably not.

Quote: zooo @ 21st March 2019, 3:47 PM

Possibly the most awkward sex scene I've ever seen in episode one. I couldn't face watching it again!

Badly performed...or just weird to watch? I'll never forget how everyone raved, years ago, about that scene with Gere's silhouetted dick.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 21st March 2019, 4:14 PM

Badly performed...or just weird to watch?

I don't remember any physical sex from Episode One. All I remember is an extremely explicit exchange of dialogue between one of the male characters and a call girl he'd hired.

I'd put the series on series-link but, when Episode Two appeared, I clicked on it but then realised I couldn't remember a single thing from the previous episode - apart from the explicit conversation which only took a minute or two.

Accordingly, I immediately deleted Episode Two and cancelled the series-link.

The sex scene was terrible, the first episode until the end was mostly just exposition. If you're interested I'd recommend pushing on, it's good for the most part

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 21st March 2019, 4:14 PM

Badly performed...or just weird to watch?

Both. Definitely.
Do not watch with family members!
Although you might both get a laugh out of it, to be honest, depending on your sense of humour. It was so bad.

Quote: zooo @ 21st March 2019, 6:25 PM

Both. Definitely.
Do not watch with family members!
Although you might both get a laugh out of it, to be honest, depending on your sense of humour. It was so bad.

Thanks. :-) Would certainly make a nice change to watch other people have weird sex.

Great scene where he ripped the top of his own head off!