Jerk

This is a new sitcom starring a guy who has cerebral palsy.

The problem is that, if I find any fault with it, I am effectively waving a huge placard that reads "I am a complete and utter c***!"

It's not just that if I criticise it on BCG, a whole lot of other members are going to read the post and think "He's a complete and utter c***". Equally as bad is the fact that if I criticise it within the confines of my own head, I'll know that I'm a complete and utter c***.

It's 25 minutes long and I've been watching it for 8 minutes.

Am I allowed to turn it off? No, because then I'll be a complete and utter c***.

But wait - does the very act of asking that question indicate that I must want to turn it off and therefore that I am indeed a complete and utter c***?

No, of course it doesn't. This is great comedy and in absolutely no way does it even begin to resemble a course in diversity awareness disguised as comedy.

In absolutely no way is this programme created by, commissioned by, written by, produced by and broadcast by complete and utter c***s intent on exploiting the nation's reluctance to be thought complete and utter c***s.

Roll on Series 2, I say!

It had some good jokes and observations in but I thought it was a bit one-note overall. I enjoyed seeing Lost Voice Guy pop up in one of the episodes and perhaps he should've been a regular, there should be more chemistry between him and some other people to balance out the awkwardness that a lot of the programme is based on, people being nervous around disabled people etc.

Nothing spectacular, but it was alright. I hope it develops a bit more if it gets a second series

I liked the bit when he poured water down his trousers to pretend that he'd pissed himself.

I didn't watch it but Rood - you are unquestionably a c**t.

What station was it on?

Quote: Chappers @ 5th March 2019, 10:57 PM

I didn't watch it but Rood - you are unquestionably a c**t.

What station was it on?

Thanks, Chappers.

In the event that anybody in the future should question it, I shall refer them to you.

"Jerk" is on BBC 3.

Only just caught up with this. It's brilliant., especially the slanging match with Lost Voice Guy in ep 3. He is such an obnoxious person but it highlights so much about our attitude to disability, a real tragi-comic piece.

Series 2 is on iPlayer now. It's one of the funniest shows on at the moment. A shame there's only four episodes. My only criticism is that the right on Uni student joke got old very quickly. The amount of laughs per episode is higher than a lot of other sitcoms. I loved the reaction of the paramedics.

Only discovered this earlier in the week when flicking through iPlayer. Watched both series in a matter of days as it was so funny.

Some excellent writing involved and I wasn't surprised to see Shaun Pye's names in there as it had a hint of Monkey Dust. Hopefully there'll be a third series.

Series 3 is on iPlayer now, episode 1 is very funny, and fair play to James Norton, his disabled acting was hilarious. I didn't get the Spiderman joke though.