The Fat of the Land

Medical experts are always telling us that being overweight is bad for our health.

I have no doubt that they're right as the evidence in support of their claim appears to be overwhelming.

However, I'm just watching an old comedy film featuring Willoughby Goddard who was certainly one of the fattest actors in the world. BCG members of a certain age may remember him as the very unpleasant Landburgher Gessler in the 1958/9 TV series "William Tell".

He was born in 1926 and despite being morbidly obese throughout his career and afterwards, managed to dodge the Grim Reaper until 2008.

"Bring me the head of William Tell! I'm feeling peckish."

Superb comedy actor who was in Porterhouse Blue back in the 80s and even further back loved him as JG Reeder's boss Sir Jason Toovey in The Mind of Mr. J.G. Reeder** with the excellent Hugh Burden who played the title part. There is a small box set of what remains of this series that I can highly recommend as I bought it a number of years ago and my wife and I over dosed on it. A brilliant late 60s series.

With reference to OP just noticed he had a bit part in one of the NTNOCN as "Stout Man in Non Diet Pepsi commercial" - that would be very interesting to see!!

**Not available on Amazon any more it seems, but there is this £26 copy on eBay :-

f:0" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DVD-THE-MIND-OF-MR-J-G-REEDER-THE-COMPLETE-SERIES-NEW-Region-2-UK/162414453361?epid=72538881&hash=item25d0a7e271:g:EiwAAOSw4CFYtsFL:rk:3:Pf:0