HOW MUCH !!!!? Page 3

Haha! Marvellous image.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 23rd February 2019, 10:26 AM

...............a half-naked lumpy woman in just her bra and knickers,...........

in best Kenneth Connor voice) PHWOAR !! Lovey

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd February 2019, 10:50 AM

in best Kenneth Connor voice) PHWOAR !! Lovey

If only I still looked that good. :-/

Quote: Kenneth @ 23rd February 2019, 10:16 AM

I remember in kindergarten, one boy declared he had stayed awake at night and witnessed Father Christmas come into his room with a sack of presents and put some at the end of his bed. Our teacher was a stern old lady and she asked him if his story was really true. He insisted he had seen the bearded bloke in red. She then called him a liar and made him stand in the corner for the remainder of the lesson. Education was plain and simple back then.

In fairness to the boy in question, the mysterious figure might well have been his dad dressed up!

Teachers were also plain and simple back then.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd February 2019, 1:54 PM

In fairness to the boy in question, the mysterious figure might well have been his dad dressed up!

Teachers were also plain and simple back then.

Also in fairness to him ... when I was about 7, I woke up in the middle of the night to see Santa over at the fireplace (we lived in a 'single end'). I quickly shut my eyes in case he saw me seeing him and didn't leave presents. Now obviously this must have been a vivid dream, but I was truly convinced it happened. So I must say I think that teacher was an old hag. What harm would it have done to nod and smile then quickly change the subject ?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th February 2019, 4:27 PM

I wear Dr Martens boots - a lot. For work and walking the dog
They are expensive for boots but they are excellent quality.

I wear a pair out in about a year. The soles not the leather and you can't get them re-soled.
I buy the classic red ones and pay about £75 -£80.

This year they have jumped up to £130 - best price with discount £113
That's some jump.
There seems to now be a monopoly as they are the same price either from the manufacturers or Amazon and other retailers.
I won't pay that, like the pink germolene, they are taking the piss.

Do you wear them out on the beach at Brighton kicking in the heads of Teddy Boys?:P

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd February 2019, 1:54 PM

The boy in question was Bradley. He was well known for telling flagrant whoppers. Preposterous porkies. Also, this was rural Australia, many moons ago, and the outback fellows were not accustomed to dressing up in Santa suits for their offspring. I do recall the village policeman from a neighboring village donned the red suit and white beard once, and drove his cop car over to our school on the last day of term but handed out no presents. The copper was not Bradley's old man. One girl thought Santa had been arrested.

I have a very robust little pottery turntable I bought ages ago on Amazon. Now my older daughter also wants to do small sculptures. So, to avoid fighting over mine (or, rather, her hogging it for days at a time), I looked for the same one again. It now costs roughly £30, which I'm kinda thinking is a bit pricey just for the luxury of simply having another. However, as with so many other products sold by different sellers across eBay and Amazon, the difference in price between listings is mad. Why do sellers, who can obviously see what others are charging for the same thing, ask for higher prices when they know their item will be listed above/below the cheaper options. One seller is charging £60 for this particular turntable.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 24th February 2019, 11:01 AM

One seller is charging £60 for this particular turntable.

Is it a Buy It Now? As mysteriously this seems to work time and time again with inflated prices and have recently had long debate with others on the eBay so called "community" (bollocks) forum as to WHY people pay over the top for things that I have for sale in better condition and cheaper. I do a lot of selling on eBay and always list them for 10 days; BUT it seems, according to the replies I got on the forum, that A LOT of people would rather pay over the top and get the goods NOW, and not bother with bidding over 10 days. My son, who has been selling on eBay far longer than me, confirms this too.

EFFIN' INSANE!!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th February 2019, 11:16 AM

Is it a Buy It Now?

No, they're all buy now...and Amazon are selling one for £31.99 on Prime, so I could have that tomorrow. The one on eBay is promoted too...so they REALLY want people to see how pricey their stuff is. Bizarre. There are cheaper metal ones that are flatter, but I like mine to have a bit of a stem. So, if I just want to sculpt something casually, in front of the TV, I can grip it between my thighs.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 24th February 2019, 11:23 AM

I can grip it between my thighs.

:S

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 22nd February 2019, 10:41 AM

Funny you should mention £9, Herc. I swear...if I see this has a bid after I post the link...just don't. Your private parts are worth more than this...just do NOT! Bleurgh! CwAAOSwajRcaaUs:rk:1:Pf:1&frcectupt=true" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-GERMOLENE-Aseptic-Ointment-Tin-With-Contents/303065699151?hash=item46901f934f:g:PCwAAOSwajRcaaUs:rk:1:Pf:1&frcectupt=true

Well it did't sell, so they've relisted it for.....................£10. The mind boggles.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th February 2019, 10:45 AM

Well it didn't sell, so they've relisted it for.....................£10. The mind boggles.

You want it, don't you! You do...and now you're gutted, because you didn't buy it at £9.
Go on...buy it. If you don't and it gets sold, you'll always be wondering where it is and what it's doing.
You'll always wonder what it would have felt like to dig your fingers right in and scoop some out.
I, on the other hand, haven't even given it a single thought. :-/

Me? I'm not bovvered....................

And so, seen in my local paper shop, yet another part works magazine launches with this time build your own 93cm Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton.

Oh and look it's only £1.99 with the first parts - bargain!!

THEN 120, (YES that's one hundred and twenty issues), at the NOW £8.99 each magazine makes the final model over £1,000 AND you have to build it yourself.

This nothing new of course, so presumably people are buying these - the mind boggles.
Aimed at kids? Apparently not, the market they say is male 30 + years old. Presumably with no f**king brain or calculator.