This is so ME! Page 2

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th February 2019, 10:38 AM

Oooh, say again slow.

Agaaaiiiiiinnnnnn. Any good?

Waiting for an Amazon package and, as helpful as they think the GPS tracking thingy is, I'd rather not know exactly where the driver's van is, especially as it's nearly always parked very near to a pub for hours, before being only two stops away for the rest of the day. I just want to wait for the parcel and be surprised when it arrives. Today, however, it simply says I will receive it before 9pm...and...now I'm wondering exactly where the driver is. I want to know...but I also don't want to know. I've just noticed the clock is ticking really loudly, too. It's mocking me.

I've decided to move round all the furniture in my sitting room. Somehow, it makes me feel better, but I'm right in the middle of it all, with stuff everywhere and I don't want to do it anymore.

I knew it would be a long job, because I have lots of cupboards and boxes to sort out...but, as usual, I decided I could do it all in one day...and have now, as usual, realized I can't. I started yesterday...it is now today. Spiders everywhere and the dog keeps eating all the fluffy shite that's been wedged right under the sofas for two years.

I'm currently sitting here, with my fourth coffee...and a nine year old crying upstairs because she didn't want me to change it and, now, doesn't want to come downstairs ever again.

I do it to myself, I really do.

I'm with the nine-year-old. My mother used to do this every so often (minus the boxes, and the cupboards were always left full of shite). I'd arrive home and all the bloody furniture in the living room would be in different places. If she could have hung it upside down from the ceiling she'd have done it. I hated it.

My mother also used to change the furniture around in the living room from time to time.

I have absolutely no idea why.

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd February 2019, 12:49 PM

I'm with the nine-year-old. My mother used to do this every so often (minus the boxes, and the cupboards were always left full of shite). I'd arrive home and all the bloody furniture in the living room would be in different places. If she could have hung it upside down from the ceiling she'd have done it. I hated it.

My mum used to do it as well...so does my son...without asking his wife. She often gets home to find everything all over the place, as he's in mid move. He's a strong lad, too...so, unlike me, who has to play a two-day long game of Sokoban, he stacks chairs on tables on sofas, so he can move everything else easily.

If I don't do it, I won't clear the shite out that's been shoved in every available space in cupboards or boxes for the past couple of years. I have to empty them to move them, so the stuff that shouldn't be in there gets distributed back to the kids' bedrooms...or the bin. Once the things we use regularly can no longer be put away tidily...it's time for a move about and a proper good hoover!

Update on youngest: I've relocated the laptop and plugged it in. She fine now, especially as I also found her lost DS game, which was under one of the sofas.

Never mind moving the furniture, when I was at school I came home one day to find my parents had moved house... ...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd February 2019, 2:33 PM

Never mind moving the furniture, when I was at school I came home one day to find my parents had moved house... ...

They must have been really strong.

I'm really cross with myself. A couple of days ago I was searching on Roku for game apps to install for me and the kids to play. I found one called Party Trivia. I downloaded it, even though it cost a couple of pounds. Okay, I thought. But...THEN...I opened the app and was prompted to scan a QR code on my mobile phone, which would then direct me to the app store so I could download an app which would be the controller I would have to use if I wanted to actually play the game. You see...the actual Roku controller itself does not work for this. No, that would be far too easy, wouldn't it. But...THEN...I found I had to pay a further couple of pounds to download the controller app to my iPhone. I thought...oh fkit...it's only a couple of quid and the game looks fun. But...THEN...I soon found that the phone app could not connect, so would not be able to work at all to control the selection of any answers on the TV screen. But...THEN...I searched for feedback on the Roku app and found a proper huge amount of complaints about it not working and being the most shit ever. Did I think to check this before downloading and paying TWICE? No...I did not...and this is SO me! Not only that, I NEARLY downloaded the android app on another phone to see if that would work instead! Also SO me! Ugh!

I thought...
Don't have time to make a sandwich or toast a couple of slices of bread for lunch...which would have taken about 2-3 mins tops...so...
I just stood and stared vacantly at the microwave for a full 6 minutes while it nuked a frozen spag bol.
Currently eating something that looks a lot like dog sick.
Obviously isn't dog sick...as my dog has just refused to lick out (don't) the punnet it came in.

Went to the chemist on my bike. As I'm going in, my daughter walks past, says she's going home, how long with I be and can she have the door key so she can get in, as she didn't bring hers because she thought I'd still be at home to let her back in. I go in the chemist, come out again, go to unlock my bike and realize the key is on the bunch I just gave her. Couldn't ride my bike home. So, yeah, that happened.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 21st May 2019, 5:35 PM

Went to the chemist on my bike. As I'm going in, my daughter walks past, says she's going home, how long with I be and can she have the door key so she can get in, as she didn't bring hers because she thought I'd still be at home to let her back in. I go in the chemist, come out again, go to unlock my bike and realize the key is on the bunch I just gave her. Couldn't ride my bike home. So, yeah, that happened.

I know I shouldn't but Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 21st May 2019, 10:23 PM

I know I shouldn't but Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Go ahead...it was such a thick thing to do...I deserve it.