Warren Page 10

Warren. Warren Thompson (Martin Clunes). Copyright: Hat Trick Productions.

Warren

BBC One sitcom about a grumpy driving instructor, starring Martin Clunes

Rood Eye

• Friday 30th August 2019, 10:11am
  • England
  • 3,852 posts

Here's an interview from six months ago, before the show aired, in which Martin Clunes talks about Warren.

Chappers

• Saturday 31st August 2019, 8:50pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,933 posts
Quote: Jimmy Donny Cosgrove @ 30th August 2019, 9:56 AM

Total cost me £300 (hire car, travel for actors and mics). You've got a smart phone? Film it on that. Superb quality some of these phones

Maybe you could use a co-writer to help you with your future projects.

Angelic

garyd

• Sunday 1st September 2019, 12:59am [Edited]
  • England
  • 782 posts
Quote: Jimmy Donny Cosgrove @ 30th August 2019, 9:56 AM

Total cost me £300 (hire car, travel for actors and mics). You've got a smart phone? Film it on that. Superb quality some of these phones

Unfortunately my smart phone is smarter than me!

I have to say Jimmy that I preferred your YouTube video to the actual sitcom.
Very good!
Hopefully now you're 'in' you'll go from strength to strength.

All the best.

G180e

• Sunday 29th March 2020, 9:19pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,348 posts

Binge watched the DVD of this again today.

Whilst it wasn't fantastic I still enjoyed it, I don't think it deserved all the negativity it received. There was some really funny scenes and of course some wonderful acting from Martin Clunes.

Such a shame BBC One decided not to commission a second series, I think the characters could have developed more.

Sitcomfan64

• Sunday 29th March 2020, 9:41pm
  • England
  • 670 posts
Quote: G180e @ 29th March 2020, 9:19 PM

Binge watched the DVD of this again today.

Whilst it wasn't fantastic I still enjoyed it, I don't think it deserved all the negativity it received. There was some really funny scenes and of course some wonderful acting from Martin Clunes.

Such a shame BBC One decided not to commission a second series, I think the characters could have developed more.

I saw how harsh I was on it so I rewatched the first two episodes and I was wrong.

I wasn't harsh enough. Warren as a character is an entirely loathsome, irredeemable, insufferable arse. Good riddance.

Chappers

• Monday 30th March 2020, 10:24pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,933 posts
Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 29th March 2020, 9:41 PM

I wasn't harsh enough. Warren as a character is an entirely loathsome, irredeemable, insufferable arse. .

Which was entirely the point. I really did love it and I'm sorry that there wasn't a second series.