Cuckoo series 5

Why are they still keeping this series alive? The show is called cuckoo after a character that left after series 1. The Dale series's gradually got worse and worse and now series 5 is out with a new character who is completely unrelated to cuckoo. At least dale was his long lost son now they forget cuckoo was even a person. I know they can't change the name but why carry on at all? It just feels money grabbing and more and more American (not because of the American stars but because it's being kept alive when it should've died a long time ago) Also is it just me or does it seem like it's becoming more and more unrealistic? Series one was grounded with no action but as the show goes on it feels like they keep adding in weird fight scenes? I don't know why they didn't quit while they were ahead after 1 or 2

I am going to get battered here but I enjoyed the last couple of seasons and even this season. Appreciate why people think it has gone downhill (and it probably has) but I find it such an easy watch that you can just binge in one sitting and just have on in the background. I think tonally, it is a good sitcom but agree that the stories have gone a bit wild. One thing that does seem to get better and better with it though is Steve Chance!

I hadn't seen that many episodes before watching this series so it's not entirely fair for me to comment, but I thought it was alright, I just had some issues believing it as you said.