Catchphrase

I suppose "Catchphrase" might reasonably be described as a comedy show and, accordingly, I have to comment about last night's celebrity episode featuring Gregg Wallace, Penny Lancaster and Richard Osman.

In last night's episode, many of the clues were so obscure that Stephen Mulhern was reduced almost to giving the contestants the answers on a plate. I have never seen more difficult clues in all the years I have been watching this programme.

In stark contrast, the clues on the Super Catchphrase finale were an absolute doddle. I have never seen easier clues in all the years I've been watching this programme.

Very strange indeed.

I saw that and some were very obscure. Some arn't even catchphrases anymore. Osman still did well though and always nice viewing when they get the jackpot on a charity edition.

I never watch Catchphrase these days because the answers used to be so pathetically easy. Has it changed/improved now then?

I've not noticed much change over the years.

Some of the clues are easy, some not so easy and you occasionally get one that you don't get and then, when they give you the answer, you kick yourself for not getting it.

It's not Mastermind but it can be fun if you've nothing better to do.

There was always this episode...