Coogan and Brydon in Greece?

If it's just going to be those ugly old bastards going to another country, eating shit food and talking bullshit, and pretending young, attractive women give a f**k about them... then NO! Seriously... WHY? THEY NEED TO DIE! #MEPOO, #ICANNOLONGERFITINTOMYSISTERSHOTPANTS Broken heart

Welcome back, your last post was in 2014!

I like The Trip so I'm looking forward to it

Some charm in the first series I thought but after 4 jollies in nice places there has to be an element of over indulgence in it, which many accused it of in series one. It's too much for me.

I thought the first series was among the best things I've ever seen on TV. There was some unnecessary stuff going on between Steve Coogan and his girlfriend on the phone but the banter between Steve and Rob was just about as good as it gets.

It was in fact so good that it set the bar impossibly high as far as subsequent outings were concerned.

Quote: Luke Duke @ 29th December 2018, 1:49 AM

If it's just going to be those ugly old bastards going to another country, eating shit food and talking bullshit, and pretending young, attractive women give a f**k about them... then NO! Seriously... WHY? THEY NEED TO DIE! #MEPOO, #ICANNOLONGERFITINTOMYSISTERSHOTPANTS Broken heart

"They need to die"

Calm down and buy your own hotpants.

It's one of those relaxing programmes that you can either take it or leave it. Quite funny in places and the food does look delicious. Definitely not shit food!

One of my favorite moments is the "Gentlemen, to bed. For we rise at daybreak" and the dreams Steve has. The best one is when someone approaches him and asks if it's true if he's a bit of a c**t. Steve asks who said that and the man says it was his dad. He then holds up a newspaper with the headline "Coogan is a c**t, says dad" :D

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th December 2018, 1:43 PM

Some charm in the first series I thought but after 4 jollies in nice places there has to be an element of over indulgence in it, which many accused it of in series one. It's too much for me.

Wholeheartedly agree: purely a vanity trip!

Quote: Luke Duke @ 29th December 2018, 1:49 AM

WHY? THEY NEED TO DIE!

Exhibit B: Alan Partridge.

Exhibit C: Cruise adverts.

By the way I'm sorry about your sister's hot pants.

The first series was definitely the best, probably by a margin tbh, I've been meaning to re-watch the first series on Netflix. Though I did like the Italy and Spain series too. I love the work of Coogan and Brydon, so seeing them banter and bicker is fun, even if the series isn't amazing, and a bit repetitive.

Also as Tommy Griff said, it's a relaxing watch.

That said, the ending of Spain was odd, maybe they can spice things up a bit with Brydon rescuing Coogan from ISIS.

I actually thought season 2 was the best season! Always been a sucker for programs set in idyllic locales.